Sunday, February 7, 2010

THE WOMAN IN THE MIRROR

Today, I am not happy by what I see. Yesterday, I had to cuss a man out, after I promised my dad that I wouldn't do that again. It was needed, and Dad would have said that it was justified. I cannot continue to allow myself to succumb to the Christian need to help others, especially when these individuals lack the self-love/motivation to overcome their hardships.

Yesterday, someone attempted to "play" me, and he got played. I am not an animal lover; I didn't grow up in a household filled with pets. Mom changed baby diapers, and that's it; that's all that I will ever see myself changing. Me with a pooper-scooper, not in this lifetime nor the next.

A man informed me that he needed a balance in his life, and he felt that with me fearing his dogs, I was a hindrance. I broke it down to him so severely that my grandmother got choked up and started laughing. She even said that I was by far more brutal than she has ever been. I guess that she has forgotten about cussing her ex husband out. I don't like talking about the dead, but trust ME, he deserved every word that she threw at him. She's better than me, because I would have physically assaulted him.

As Delores always says, don't EVER let a man feel as if he's going out of his way to do ANYTHING for you. The only men that should do things for you are your father and your husband, and with the latter, if he doesn't want to do it, then do it on your own or DUMP his ass.

Point taken.

I was so low that as I calmed down, I thought of the lyrics of the late Mike's hit, "Man in the Mirror."

Today, I had to attend a meeting with one of the church's ministers RE: the singles ministry. As he made me discuss my own Christian journey/desire for a single's ministry, I got choked up. I told him that it's really hard for men and women like myself who want a Christian man/woman to attend a church filled with couples and babies beyond capacity. Churches have forgotten about us, our feelings, etc.. . , and it's heartwrenching.

Sigh.

Delores asked me to do this, and she's right - - - maybe God is trying to speak with me via organizing this group.

It's hard. I need to make some changes in my life.


Word.

3 comments:

Mrs Anne said...

hey sweets, i haven't been here in a while (my apologies).

i pray that your journey with Christ and your walk in life and love match your heart of gold.

sending you big love.

(hope you were listening to "Man in the Mirror" on that mix i sent you ;) ha!)

xo

~EssenseVibez~ said...

I dedicate this to you Sis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6yhgFxDQMw

Anonymous said...

Honey, I've been in church like that...I know the feeling, I truly understand...