Readers:I hope that you are doing well. I cannot believe that I haven't posted since Labor Day weekend. I've been busy - - - grading, trying to rest, and praying that God continues to order my steps as I deal with IGNORANT folks on a daily basis. That leads me to this morning's incident on the "professional" bus. I take the Rapid in order to get downtown in the AM. The bus driver (with his weak-ass self) speaks w/me before I get on the bus. APPARENTLY, someone has complained that I talk too loud on the bus. HELLO, there aren't any noise restrictions on the bus, except for loud music. DELIVER ME, LORD JESUS! I informed the driver that I do not curse or say anything inappropriate on the bus. I said that my bag may be on the seat; however, if someone wanted to sit in the front that badly, the woman to the left of me ALWAYS has the seat next to her open. I called the bus company, and I used my title today. The woman said, "You are in your right to talk on the bus. The driver should have nipped that conversation in the bud when the patron complained. I can barely hear you on the phone right now."
You see the photo up there? I want to stick the bus pass down the complainant's throat.
People are crazy.
The Devil is indeed busy; please continue to keep me in your prayers. What fools don't realize is that I am a child of God, and His mercy ALWAYS prevails!
Word.
PS: I finished The Help; I savored every minute of the novel. The writer needs to hurry and publish another novel!!!
1 comment:
Wow- i can barely hear myself think over the bus motor. Argh... the bus.
xo
Post a Comment