Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Carpet cleaning


Good evening.

My carpet cleaner has arrived; he is ever so cleaning my dirty carpet. This is why I wish that I had nothing but tile in the residence. As soon as I can, I am taking out the carpet that is in my master bathroom. This is GROSS. When toilets overflow, you know what will get wet - - - your carpet. If your toilet breaks, what is damaged - the carpet and the padding. This leads to mold.

I am looking forward to having Thursday off. God bless our veterans.

So much is going on in the world:


* People are putting their babies in microwaves, killing them, and then getting off scott free due to a technicality
* Obama can only do so much; however, he needs to get ON it before he finds himself back living in Chitown after the next Presidential election. Forget the photo ops, man, and do. your. job.
* Thanksgiving is a couple weeks away. WOW.
* I *heart* old photographs (Easter, 1983)
* A colleague purposedly visited my classroom simply to say HELLO. She doesn't work at our school, and she went out on a limb for me last Spring.
* Tomorrow is HUMP DAY.
* College students today are NOTHING like those in 1992. Fear them. Anytime that you can sit in class and facebook rather than listen to your professor, you know that there is a problem. These are the people who will be teaching your children.

Be scared.

Word.

1 comment:

thefirstlady said...

Re college students: So true. I was just in an intensive 6-week web design class at a local university and there was a girl sitting one seat away from me who spent the entire time on Facebook. Then during our final lab test had the nerve to tell the teacher she didn't understand "any of this." SMH. Wonder why? And these classes were not cheap.