
Readers:
Mattel hired a sista to create these dolls. Sis' girl, what were you thinkin'? The dolls' hair is still bone straight. Are the dolls named, "Relaxer Kristie?" "Weave Kristie?"
I am diggin' her Kristie Barbie shirt.
http://www.parentdish.com/2009/10/09/black-barbie-why-the-long-hair/
This topic will go on to infinity. I still have students who say, "You have that good hair." I Have to politely correct and educate them about the matter.
Comments?
3 comments:
wow---they get a sistah with bone str8 hair to create--so why not have a sistah dol with the same kinda hair as her??!!!---they shoulda had me thurr creating them dolls--you know they would have fluffy, puffy curly hair with lil' gold post earrings and a tshirt like hers on them and black capris--LOL--what is wrong with EMBRACING THE NATURAL HAIR???--i juss dont get it--i work with lil' gurls at my job who has hair like mine and i'm constantly teaching them to love their hair and society is telling them it's better to have a relaxer by creating yet another doll with str8 hair--what a world what a world!!!
Yes, they missed the mark on this big time!
lmao! so true! I want to see Chris Rock's documentary 'Good Hair'...lol!
Post a Comment