Dear Fellow Bloggers:
THANK YOU for all the birthday wishes/kind words. It meant SO much to me! I had an absolutely wonderful birthday. On Tuesday, I shared a birthday cake w/my Senior Honors students. They were SURPRISED. Last year, Mom said that it was my ministry to be @ this particular high school; I believe that she is right. There used to be a time when NO one wanted to enter my room; now, I have to complete my work during my prep time because between 7:30-7:55am, my classroom is a revolving door.
That evening, I went to Fleming's Steakhouse and Wine Bar. If you haven't eaten there, GO!!!!!! The food was WONDERFUL, and the service was impeccable. A blast from my past ended up joining me for dinner. I was in shock. He had just got off of a 12 hour shift, was dragging, but something must have told him to go anyway.
I received beautiful gifts and cards from my family and friends. Truly, I am loved.
I AM OFFICIALLY ON FALL BREAK!!!!! I have an ENTIRE week off from the g-i-g. A former student said to me, "Dr. C., make sure that you practice safe sex over break." I told my colleague (who was driving), "GET ME AWAY FROM THIS BOY BEFORE I LOSE MY JOB." Yesterday, I went to the local scrapbooking store for my page kits (Thanks ANGIE!!!). Last night, I was too tired to do anything; however, I am up now and I am RET to PLAY. I want to see the new Richard Gere/Diane Lane film. I'm not into older men, but Richard Gere and Darnell Williams (Jesse from "All My Children,") COULD possibly change my mind.
On Monday, a man whose brothers I grew up with/our mothers were close friends, passed away. Kevin was 42 years old. He was a heart transplant patient. Please keep his family in your prayers. He left behind a wife and children.
I leave you with a question: What are you grateful for?
3 comments:
Make sure you scrapbook for me!
LOL @ your former student! : )
So glad you had a good birthday!
I so used to be in love with Jesse from "AMC". Dang is he considered older? I haven't seen him in a while. : )
I am grateful to see another day, my friend.
Enjoy your fall break!!!!! WHOO HOOO!!!
enjoy your break!
Post a Comment