Tuesday, September 30, 2008

34 years ago . . .

I was born. It is so hard to believe that this little girl has now become:


I am SO thankful for life. Oftentimes, we sit around and reflect about all the negative aspects of our lives. We need to take more time focusing on the positives and that although we are faced with adversity, we are still HERE. Indeed, that's a positive right there.

This year, I am thankful for:

* My faith in God, my church, and church family
* My PARENTS, Grandmother, and Brother
* My deceased paternal grandparents
* My health
* My G-I-G
* My students
* A place to LIVE that I can AFFORD
* Wonderful perfume
* My camera, scrapbooks, and memories
* Delicious food and SPIRITS
* Music (Go purchase Jennifer Hudson's new album TODAY)
* YOU


Here's to the year that marks the end of my EARLY thirties! This year, I am wishing for:

* Peace
* Good health for me, family, and friends
* A more profound relationship with Christ
* More moments to take capture on Kodak E surface paper
* A mate that God has PERSONALLY selected for me


Happy Birthday to ME! Happy Birthday to ME! Happy Birthday to ME! Happy Birthday to ME!

Lord, I thank you for another year of life. I thank you for my parents. I thank you for the "village" that helped raise me. I did not have to wake up this morning, but I did. I ask that you guide me this year to do what YOU would like to accomplish this 34 th year of my life. In your name I do pray,

AMEN.

Here's the onset of the end of my early 30s.

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

christina said...

Oh honey, Happy Birthday to you! I wish for you all that your heart may desire!

34 years ago it was written my friend and so glad I am that it was. Continue to live the best life you can and never waste a day of it.

Love you to pieces!

PS: You look beautiful!

Mrs Anne said...

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY wishes!

Love reading your thankful list, and your wish list.

:) may you have the best birthday yet! :)

Lori said...

Happy Birthday! Celebrate each and every day!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Happy Birthday! I love your list of things to be thankful for.

Life IS good.

Still Patrice said...

Happy Belated birthday!!!
tried to tell you yesterday but blogger was acting up. and i didnt have your email address.

Wishing you many many more!!

angiedunn said...

34 years ago, God certainly knew what he was doing. You are a light to this world & have been in my life as well, via Scrapbooks, etc.! I admire your attitude, faith, and passion...you are amazing! Happy, happy birthday Cic!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope you receive everything you wish for this year. :)

PS:I found you through Christina at Soul Aperature.

(vixenchick) said...

happy birthday!

tangobaby said...

Well, a belated happy birthday to you from San Francisco!

Thank you for paying me a visit. I hope you have a wonderful year ahead and many, many more.