Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chapter 6: Sports Fish vs. Keepers

I am BACK with a Steve Harvey update.

Are you a Sports fish or a KEEPER? In this chapter, Steve explores how men distinguish between the women that they want to be their Mrs. versus those he wants to simply bed. He separates them by referring to his "catch" as sport or keeper.

Sport: There are no rules or requirements. A sport has a minimum amount of respect for herself. She is the party girl who is willing to take "any" risk to simply satisfy her thirst at that particular moment. In short, she'll give the cookie up whenever a man wants a bite of "chip."

Keeper: This woman DEMANDS respect. She is dressed appropriately and will not allow you to cop a feel of her "treats." She takes a man's number but does not give him hers.


Ladies, how can you tell if your "fisherman" is simply looking to throw you back in the lake or keep you:


* If his conversation is simply fake, keep on ROLLIN'.
* If he sincerely appears to be interested, he is placing you in the "keeper" category
* If he scoffs at your requirements, keep on moving. If he hears you out, you are climbing up on the keeper list.
* If he AIN'T got hisself together - financially, emotionally, and spiritually, you already know which category you are in.

I am a "Keeper" type of woman, and that is why I am still alone. Hill Harper, I am a "Keeper." LOL. Most of the men that I have encountered are not together emotionally or spiritually. Thus, as T. informed me, don't be greedy. God gave me my house this year, and don't rush Him. In the meantime, love the blessing that He gave me. It's hard to do it, especially when I see all the bridal magazines each time that I am looking for my favorite mags. @ B&N, but I am aware that God only wants the best for his chirren.

Any plans for the weekend? Big Gurl and I are going to take some photos tomorrow @ the Desert Botanical. That is one of my favorite spots in Phoenix. I plan on returning to the Butterfly Exhibit. Speaking of photos, Ritz Camera is closing many stores across the nation. They have closed down a small store that I frequent. This economy is simply deplorable.

I have many pictures to share. My goal is to upload them today. Then again, my aim was to write the above post HOW many days ago? ;)

TOODLES!!!

2 comments:

christina said...

Steve ain't lying! : ) Ritz huh? That is a shame.

xo

Adrienne said...

Girl.