Tuesday, April 21, 2009

TESTS

Have you ever wondered why you go through certain "tests" in life? Does it cause you to question why God is using you as the vessel to expose things/people? Does it prompt you to ask God what lesson is to be learned from this situation?

I am going through this right now - - - yet again. Indeed, the Devil is busy. As usual, it centers around an individual who *claims* to deeply know the Lord. Then again, I feel as if this individual cares more about stylin' and profilin' his clothing @ church rather than listening to the Word.

I am thankful that I know how to get on my hands and knees and pray. I am working on the listening/relinquishing power to the most High. When I feel as if He is taking too long to answer my "cry," I must recall that He knew that I was going to have this cry from the minute that I was conceived. He has yet to fail me; therefore, as a card that my mother sent me five years ago says, "He doesn't need my help."

4 comments:

~EssenseVibez~ said...

gurl, lemme tell you---i can write about about tests!---and i think some people forget to the do the one thing that will help them through it---TO GET ON YO' KNEES!---just doing that one physical thing will help you in more ways ever---whilke reading this post, there was one particular song that came throuhg my mind---

"PASS ME NOT O' GENTLE SAVIOR-
HEAR MY HUMBLE CRY-
WHILE ON OTHERS THOU ART CALLING-
DO NOT PASS ME BY-
SAVIOR, SAVIOR-
HEAR MY HUMBLE CRY-
WHILE O OTHERS TH"OU ART CALLING-
DO NOT PASS ME BY---

that;s what i sing when i'm on my knees everyday---thank you for sharing this post--and whatever it is, take it to the Lord in prayer!!!

hippiegirl said...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.'

We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

~ Marianne Williamson

Adrienne said...

You said it best when you said You are going THROUGH. Im praying! Hang in there.

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Individuals like that are the reason a lot of people stay away from going to church! Sorry you have to deal with all that mess.