Good morning, Readers!I've been MIA. I am juggling a lot right now. By the time that I return home from work, I desire sleep and something to eat.
I must share why my post is titled, "Call Me Rosa Parks!"
* Last week, this 99 trying to make 100 man was angered that I had to sit next to him on the Park and Ride bus; the bus was packed, and it was the closest seat. I proceeded to call my grandmother as I do each day after work. The idiot got upset and started reading his book aloud. I informed him that I didn't have the patience for his Hooked on Phoenix BS, and if one of the students from my district wasn't on the bus, I would proceed to cuss him out. I got up, and I sat somewhere else.
* On Thursday morning, I board the bus. The seat where I normally sit was occupied Low and behold, I sat in PsychoNutCase's window row. Mind you, I didn't know. He proceeded to push his boney behind across me and demand to sit there. When I wouldn't move fast enough, he started to sit on my backpack. I moved, but I told the driver about the incident. Then, the man acted as if he were deef and needed to adjust his hearing aid.
* Yesterday, the man wasn't able to sit in "his' seat because another man was occupying it. I said," Oh, not going to try and push this young man out of YOUR seat? What's wrong? I explained what happened to me, and the young man said, "I WISH that you would bring your ass over here and try that with me. I know what your problem is, and I will handle it, trust me."
* I called Mr. A. on Thurs. AM. He said, "Damnit, Rosa Parks, it's the 21st century, and you still can't sit at the front of the bus." I laughed so hard on that bus that I was heaving."
Seriously, Leon and I both concurred that the man had some serious racial hatred - he was mad that he was elderly and was still working (it didn't appear that he was on the bus because he was trying to remain active; he needed the money); he was mad that I wanted to sit in his seat, and our African American President fully exemplifies that not only are blacks sitting in the front of the bus, we are also residing in the White House. Lastly, another black was in "his" seat on Friday morning.
On the way home yesterday, I had the back of the bus (only seats available) roaring about the crazy man, especially with my impression of how he was literally running to the bus yesterday morning only to find his seat occupied!
Truly, I love and respect the elderly. My paternal grandparents were up in age when I was born; however, I have problems with senior citizens who have lived their entire lives hating a particular group of people and will probably die doing so.
Can you imagine being that stagnant?
Weekend plans?
2 comments:
That old man is just miserable and we all know misery loves company. You handled yourself very well, but of course, you already know that! LOL
seriously...I know why are people that way, we are all the same :)
you did handle yourself well, miss Rosa lol! gotta love Mr A!
Post a Comment