BARELY.
I so need a vacation from reality.
The week has been good; however, I have barely seen myself.
This week, I had to teach my high school students how to write in cursive; what is going on with the elementary schools in our country?!?!?! Is cursive writing a dying art?
I will post pics this weekend of my 1st day.
Love y'all!
2 comments:
that doesn't surprise me gurl--i see it happen all the time--but it does make you wonder, "what are these teachers getting paid for?"--better yet, "what are you doing in your classrooms?"--personally, i dont think the principals are observing their teachers enough--i work at a elementary school and i see our principal going from one classroom to another BUT there's more to just sitting in a corner and observing--they need to interact with the students who are not understanding and help out--as a librarian, i do my own "walk
throughs"-- i make it my business to know why they are struggling and I take time to help them--during my lunchtime or breaks--i get no incentives for it--i do what i've been destined to do at that school--HELP OUR CHILDREN--i push and push and push for them babies but i'm not looking for recognition--education is too important and your students should know how to write in cursive--my question is, "will you get extra compensation for your hard work to teach them how to write?--yes, some teachers are under paid--but teachers like you SHOULD get extra pay for your committment and dedication----thats just my 5 cents--
I left you a note on my blog. I gave cursive a go, to see if I remembered....cursive apparently IS a lost art for me!!! (:
You are an awesome teacher!! Your kids are so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment