Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Singin' Sensation: THE COMMODORES

HELLO!

It's been awhile since I have posted a SSS. Today, I chose The Commodores' hit, Jesus is Love:




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2tw2s_h4r0


Indeed, "in a times like these, we need a song like this."


Whew! Where do I begin?

* Work is keeping me JUMPING. I barely see myself. I AM back to taking pictures non-stop. Once again, I am donating them to the school's yearbook. I have captured some beautiful and natural shots. My photography is truly growing. Since they are minors, I cannot post them. Mr. A. was even blown away by some of the phots.
* I saw "Julie and Julia" yesterday afternoon. It was a cute film! Meryl Streep was superb (along with Amy Adams).
* Yesterday, I attended a professional growth seminar (work-related). That's ALL I have to say about it.
* Today, I went to my church. I can honestly say that I was spiritually nourished today.
* Mr. A. still has me rollin'.
* I hate how folks try to "dummy down" teaching to educators and how some educators fail to realize this and take these folks' word as Gospel.
* I am back to reading for pleasure - I am simultaneously reading Twilight and Laurie Halse Anderson's Wintergirls. Anderson is definitely back. This is her best novel since Speak.
* I am blessed that the university has invited me to return and teach two classes. I return to campus tomorrow night.


Here is a pic that Mr. A. took of me on the 1st day of school. The dress is similar to the one that I wore last year, but it's shorter. The colors are black and khaki. It is a beautiful dress.



Be blessed!

2 comments:

Shell said...

You so pretty in your dress. Glad to know life is treating you good. Jesus is Love is a beautiful song.

christina said...

I love that song! You look so beautiful! The kids might be extra good this year, because of your pretty dress.

Hey, I haven't seen the movie yet.

xoxo