Saturday, January 30, 2010

THE SINGLES MINISTRY

Howdy!

How is your weekend coming along? I just returned from a day filled of activities - - -eyebrow waxing appt; Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and TARJAY. Deliver me from Michaels. I desire to have some flowers made for this tall vase that I have. The woman quoted me $100-$150; that will NOT happen. She showed me the kinds of flowers needed; I will eventually purchase some marbles and make it work in progress.

TOTAL RIPOFF!!!

Target - - - Armstrong floor cleaner (LURVE it); soap to wash my booty; soap to wash my clothes; garbage bags, paper towels, and of course, Valentine's Day shirt. I am such a kid at heart. I have a couple for Valentine's Day, and I already have one for St. Patrick's Day. Ditto for the St. Patty's Day beads and button for my t shirt.

Who do I blame for this? DELORES. Mom ensured that I always had one of those Hallmark lapel pins for EVERY holiday. Damn, I guarantee you that I was the only back kid in America sporting a plaid jumper (uniform) and a Leperchaun pin.

What do y'all think about John Edwards and his sex tape? Was the fool crazy?

Sigh.

The house pretty much clean. I have some laundry to do, but it probably won't get done until Sunday.

Now, speaking of Sunday, let me bring up the subject line - - - I will be helping a church start their Singles Ministry. Once again, I blame DELORES for this. She told me to find a church that has one; hello, I live in an area where everyone is MARRIED with babies. I went to an informational meeting, stated my interes in joining a singles ministry, and voila, they probably saw the letters Ph.D. after my last name, and said, "If the woman has a doctorate, then she can probably organize and lead this event."

Sigh.

Sit back, because y'all KNOW that I am going to have you ROLLIN'.

The following pics were taken last Monday. I had an interview; I seriously doubt that I got the position; however, I am thankful to God for allowing me to be 1 of 5 candidates and helping me answer those questions so that I can be moreso prepared when the next opening comes alone.

Word.




1 comment:

alicia.king said...

sounds like you had a busy shopping day! I ♥ Hobby Lobby! They have a black distressed scrapbooking desk that I want, but it is $1000.00!!! I am hoping it will go on sale or something, it does have a crack on it! Definitely make your own floral arrangement! You can do it! Cute pictures of you!