Saturday, July 26, 2008

I IS ALIVE!


Folks:

I IS ALIVE - barely! As many of you know, I spent the ENTIRE freaking summer working on my teacher certification. GOOD GAWD, I nearly lost my MIND. I took four online courses within the past six weeks. If Jesus and Frank hadn't been by my side, I would not have survived. I would be jobless. I had to complete 50% of my program by July 25th in order to retain my teaching position.

I DID IT. On Monday, I renew my certificate with the State Department of Education. Although I returned to work last week for a special program, my first official contract day is Tuesday.

JESUS IS LOVE.

Let me tell y'all about the wonderful man in this photo. On Memorial Day, a representative from the community college called and informed me that I needed to take FOUR classes in order to complete the first year of the program. I nearly had a heart attack. In late June, another rep. emailed all the first yr. students informing them of the deadline. That's when I said, "Cee, you ain't the only student who is climbing the walls. Respond to this email and see if anyone would like to study with you."

That's how I met Frank. He immediately responded. Frank didn't know me from Eve, but he knew that he needed to get through this program, and if others were willing to help each other, he wanted to join "the club." I have spent the bulk of my weekends/evenings with Mr. E. Thank the Lord that I have unlimited minutes. We literally would spend 2 plus hours on the phone at a time. MIND YOU, that was one phone call of many in ONE day. 4th of July - - - I spent it with Frank via the phone. We had to get through our Educational Psych midterm. We took the exam on a Tuesday, and finally met face to face on the next day. The next battle was the final exam. We took it on Wednesday, and my summer of hell came to an END. Frank and I ended up celebrating over margarita and food @ Oreganos.

Frank is HILARIOUS! Y'all say that I am funny - - - meet Frank. I will never think of pork and beans in the same way. Tater tots - - - Jesus is gonna get us.

Whew! Mr. E., you are so loved. You are such a gentle soul. It's rare that one finds someone like you, especially in the STATE OF ARIZONA. You've got one more exam, and you are ARE going to get through it. We are going to PARTAY this week.

After we ate, we ended up at Chandler Fashion. Y'all like these FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR CHANEL SUNGLASSES on my face?!?!? Y'all KNOW where the shades are - - - @ the STORE. I ain't CRAZY.

Today, I saw "Mamma Mia!" May I get a REFUND?!?!?

What's going on with y'all? DO TELL!

4 comments:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I'm shocked that they let you take a picture wearing them without buying them! That's more than my prescription Chanel frames cost.

I'll post belly pics soon. Promise.

Adrienne said...

Glad you makin it girlie!!!

christina said...

So happy for you! Go Frank you can do it! : )

Still Patrice said...

I'm glad you put those shade down! lol

Whoohooo! glad you had frank to help you through it!!!