Good morning to YOU!!!
Indeed, the dead has risen. I have been SWAMPED with work. Things are only going to start piling up more so now that classes resume on Monday at the local university. I am excited to return to the University classroom. WOO HOO!!!
So much has been going on . . . my students are keeping me on my toes. Yesterday, one said, "Dr. C., you enjoy teaching?" I informed her that I did. Her response, "I can tell because you always be so hyper and jumpin' around the room and everythang. It's just too early in the mornin' for all of that." Mind you, the child said all of this with a Southern accent. Then, she proceeded to complain about the heat. I reminded her that she was from the South. The child said, "This heat will KILL you. I am dark, but I even have a SUNBURN." By that point, I was jumping around so that you would think that I was doing the Holy Dance. She's SIK. LOL.
The other night, we had Open House. It was so nice to see the large turnout of parents who came to meet their children's teachers. I took some nice photos of my students and their parents; I look forward to posting them in my classroom.
Last weekend, I saw D.L. Hughley. He was off the chain. We didn't leave until 1am. Let me tell y'all how small the world IS. Have you ever been somewhere where you felt that someone saw you, but you didn't see them? WELL, a blast from the past saw me with my friend, and he acted "stupidfied." I get a text saying, "Lovely dress." I said, "Which dress?" His response, "The one on your body." I replied, "Were you at the Improv?" Response, "Yes. Is that your boyfriend."
My response, "No response." Fool. That clown stood me up for the Katt Williams concert. I ended up w/one of my girlfriends, and he had the nerve to act like Barbara Walters?
Moving right along. . . D.L. was crazy. I actually got to shake his hand/give him a hug. He managed to still hold it together considering that he attended Bernie Mac's funeral that morning. Bernie - you are so missed.
I am so TIRED. Last night, all I recall doing was taking a bath and crashing before 8pm. This hot weather has got to come to an end.
How y'all be? What's going on? I look forward to hearing about YOU.
4 comments:
Glad you are doing well girl!!!
Adrienne: Thank you!!!!! ;)
How you be?
I missed dl when he was in stl. i think i went out of tow.n or sumthin' lol
Lol @ your southern gurl student. i would have died from laughter.
What did you buy? all that shopping :p
Aww Bernie I miss ya So much! I know you're making all the angles laugh tho!
: )
Post a Comment