Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rain, Rain, please cool this desert OFF!!!

Good morning!

I thought that I would blog prior to jumping into the shower for another hectic day. LUCKILY, it's WEDNESDAY. I have 2 more days of work, and then I am off for a 3 day weekend.

It's still HOT here. The rain has only made it humid.

Indeed, God is LOVE. Tonight, I return to the local university to teach another class. I am so thankful to return there. The budget cuts are bad, and there's guarantee that I will return in the Spring. For those readers who attend college, I do hope that your academic year is off to a positive start.

Ms. A., will you be carrying a backpack in the near future. Of course, you'll probably purchase one to match every outfit. ;)

The rumors are out that my advanced students think that I am "crazy" (but in a good way). Yesterday, my writing prompt for their bell work was: "It has been brought to my attention that many of you contend that I am crazy. Please explain. :) " I said, "If you are going to talk about me, be man or woman enough to say it to my FACE." I was so touched by the responses that I received from them.

On to other stuff, I am SO thankful to God for the gift of discernment. I can see through people a if their father was a glass maker. I cannot stand individuals who use others to stroke their ego. Recently, I've been dealing with this, and it makes me chuckle how these simpletons operate. Then again, they are cut from the same damn pattern - Simplicity. Then, they have the audacity to have this air of, "See, I didn't do anything. It's HER or THEM."

Deliver me. Have you ever dealt with individuals who are so SICK in the head, but try and come off as if they are generous, kind-hearted individuals? I say this all the time, "People need to leave children of God ALONE and keep on moving."

Toodles! ;) That's a major SHOUT OUT to Adrienne!

PS: STILL NO HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Your perfect house is waiting on you girl!!! I didn't find this one until THE DAY our paperwork was going to expire on the loan!!! LOL

Still Patrice said...

discernment used to be my thing...it's noticeably lacking as of late... but i've been noticebly lacking in my prayer time. sooo


have fun tonight!

christina said...

You already know I love this post! : ) Your students love you! Oh and I do too!

angiedunn said...

you are amazing, friend. i am always so entertained by your musings. your students are lucky to have ya!

ps: themes from class:

imagination
life
happy days
i heart you
back to school
amazing!