Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm back at the G-I-G!

GOOD MORNING TO Y'ALL!!!!!

I hate that I missed Sunday's Singin' Sensation. I was busy that morning house hunting, and that afternoon, Frank and I hit Scottsdale Fashion Center. Therefore, blame him for me coming home tired from shopping. ;) I'll make up for it next Sunday. Get ready NOW!

My students' first day of school was yesterday. Aside from some child making a reference about a student's breasts, the day went smoothly. I am going to SO love my Senior Honors students. One young woman looked mesmerized. I do not know if it was because of my usage of "super English," or the fact that she was captivated by what I said (which I seriously doubt). It's going to be a fun year with them. I have a lot planned, and I hope that are receptive to my ideas.

One of my Freshmen took this photo. I must admit something - - - I love this dress. This is the most dressed up that I've been in the past three months. I'm back being "girly-girl," and I love it.

My Freshmen - - - so far, good. It's hard to believe that TWENTY YEARS AGO, I was a Freshmen in high school. Where has time gone?!?!

I am trying to have a drama-free year. I know what I have to do, and I have already started doing so.

Last night, I came home and PASSED OUT. I do not know if it was exhaustion or this freaking HEAT plaguing Arizona. Enough already.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you want to scream, "DO YOU THINK THAT I AM STOOOPID?!" What is WRONG with people? Seriously, psychiatrists should stand on street corners with platters of Xanax, Lithium, and Wellbutrin and pass out samples. People are CRAZY.

Off to get ready to educate the "children of our future."

As Adrienne would say, "TOODLES"! ;)

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Glad you had a good day!!!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I love that dress too. I wish I could rock a dress like that!

mademoisellechitchat said...

Miss M:

Thanks for the compliment. Dillards is such a wonderful PLACE. You can rock this dress. You'll be in it next summer. ;)

Adrienne - thanks!