Wednesday, November 5, 2008

SORRY, CINDY!

Dear Cindy McCain:

I am sorry that you did not wake up with a smile on your face this AM. Your dreams of decorating the living quarters of the White House have been permanently shattered. You will not be able to store your hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of clothes and jewelry in the White House.

You can now add a new pen to your $5000 suits - AMERICA SPOKE!!!

YES WE DID!!!!!

Cordially (and I say that with a wink),

Dr. C.

To God be the Absolute Glory! For many of my bloggers, you may not understand why this election was so important. Let me break it down for you:

* This election was for my forefathers who were beaten/raped over greed
* It was for my grandfather who, at the age of 8, had to quit school and pick cotton to support his 11 brothers and sister
* It was for my people who were hung from trees, burned, raped, and killed just because they wanted to be equally seen.
* It was for Carole, Cynthia, Addie May, and Denise, who lost their lives of bullshit in 1963.
* It was for me - a little black girl who racist white teachers informed her that she set her dreams to high
* It was for my parents who have had to deal with bullshit for over 40 years at work
* It was for my grandmother who worked her entire life and struggled for many of hose years.

Yes, this election was about race. You cannot argue that. It was also about women:

* Our rights to our bodies are intact
* Our rights to SPEAK are intact
* Our rights to move up in America are intact.

AMERICA, WE HAVE SPOKEN. I have tears streaming down my face as I type this message. I never thought that I would witness this dream in my lifetime. I thought that my childrenw oudl see this, but not me. I still cannot believe that Barack Obama won. I jumped out of bed this morning just to check to see that this wasn't a dram.

Bush, get to PACKIN'. Sarah Palin, RETIRE. McCain, check into an old folks crib.

AMERICA, THANK YOU FOR VOTING!!!

GOD IS LOVE

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

GIRL YES WE CAN!!!!

christina said...

What a wonderful day! ; )

Yes, for all of those who aren't physically here to witness this history.

Still Patrice said...

CHANGE!!!! Love it!

Charisse said...

Isnt it a glorious day? He came, he saw, he conquered for us all!!

angiedunn said...

powerfully written...i just love ya!

while i don't [totally] agree with our new mr. president's politics, my heart is still INDEED grateful for this AWESOME milestone in history. this post gave me chills, girl. god bless america, land of the free, home of the brave!(:

oh! and ps: thanks for your sweetest comment on my blog...um, the purse is from good ol' target. nothin' fancy, but i love 'er.

have a good day at school tomorrow...TGIF!

tangobaby said...

"You will not be able to store your hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of clothes and jewelry in the White House."

Now THAT made me smile BIG time! Thank you for stopping by with the birthday wishes. This election is one that I finally am proud of! I feel like that's the best present I could have ever gotten: hope!

The Roberts Family said...

I love this post!

Bush, get to PACKIN'. Sarah Palin, RETIRE. McCain, check into an old folks crib. ( I love it!! )

Im happy we got it right this time!!!