Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Singin' Sensation: ROBIN THICKE!!!




Howdy y'all!!

I hope that you had a restful weekend. Did y'all give GOD some Glory Glory today? ;)

Y'all know I feel about the LEAF.

Today's SSS is none other than ROBIN THICKE. If you don't know who he is, SHAME ON YOU. He's my baby's daddy. Good LAWD, I love this man. Aside from his downright sexiness, he can SANG. You know who his daddy is - Alan Thicke ("Growing Pains" aka the creator of the "Diff'rent Strokes" theme song). If you don't have Robin's new album, please GET IT. Oh, how I would love to dance to "Sidestep" with this man. He does justice to this song as R. Kelly does to "Step in the Name of Love." Paula Patton - indeed, you are one lucky woman.

Here's the latest w/me:

* I attract some crazy-ass folks. On Friday, I was in Tuscon for my gig's regional football game. I HATE Tuscon. Do you hear me? I HATE it. It's nothing but a glorified Mesa, and Mesa wins hands down. How in the H can you be a college town and not have any decent restuarants. My colleague, T., gave Tuscon the finger as we left. We hit Texas Roadhouse @ 10:25pm. Mind you, they closed @ 11pm. We were STARVED.
* Some crazy woman asked me (in Espanol) if I wanted to buy her baby. MIND YOU, she only had the stroller with her. WTF?!?!?
* On Sat., while purchasing some books @ Borders, a chick came up to me with this "I embrace my greatness (I think that's what it said) pin and started talking to me. She was at ASU for a religious conference. Then, she led me in this 10 minute prayer. She asked me what I wanted her to pray for - I said that God sends me a man that is worthy of me. I almost cried in the damn bookstore in front of a woman that I DID NOT KNOW.
* The Library has awesome drinks!!!
* ASU has the hands-down worst Homecoming celebration known to mankind
* I look so much better with waxed eyebrows

Sigh

Miz Christina tagged me. Here are 7 things about moi:

1. I am a child of GOD.
2. I love my family even though they are NUTS.
3. I know that God has a man out there that is worthy of me. I just haven't met him yet.
4. I love to SHOP!!! I am a designer handbag FREAK.
5. I love vintage ephemera, especially ephemera that is Dick and Jane related
6. My favorite resturant is The Ritz Carlton's Main Dining Room (Downtown Chicago).
7. Aside from teaching, photography is my passion. I wish that I could change careers, but hell, I barely have the one that I have.

If you haven't read The Shack, GET IT. After I finish reading this great book which deals with God as a BLACK WOMAN, I am going to read Sista Souljah's Midnight; my girl is BACK.

I now tag:

* Adrienne
* Sarah
* Angie
* Patrice
* And, whomever wants to participate!!!


Enjoy the photos!

WORD and PEACE!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ever since I've KNOWN you, you have attracted crazy folks! LOL hahahahhaahha

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I love Robin Thicke... blue eyed soul INDEED. I do think he needs better management though, because his music is good yet you hardly hear it on the radio.

Still Patrice said...

Lol umm maybe someone was taking the baby for a test run. Lol

christina said...

Now, these are some great pics! Fun!

Robin Thicke, yes indeed! : )

Thanks for playing, the tagged game, sweetie pie.