Monday, February 9, 2009

Should teachers. . .

Folks:

Here's a question that has sparked an argument with T. and I. Maybe it's just the age difference between us. Here it goes:

Do you think that it is okay for teachers (K-12) to have facebook/Myspace pages? If you were a teacher, would you jeopardize your job by having one even though your district asks your interview your sentiments about Myspace pages?

I look forward to your responses

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I would never put my job in jeopardy. If it was not an issue then I would have a FB page that was private and my students would not be my friends. I am friends on FB with a choir teacher from 15 years ago.

Charisse said...

If it jeopardized my job, no way would I have one! It's just not worth it. If not about my job, I don't see a problem having one, although I would definitely draw the line and have it private, no students, no fellow teachers either, unless extremely good friends. You know how things can change up and blown up!