Wednesday, February 25, 2009

WTFism - 14 kids, no job, no man, no $$$

I am getting old. I really am. I am so drained, and I hve to teach in about 15 minutes (at the college). I am here in the library, and I want to scream, "TAKE ME HOME!!!"

Today, I had to proctor the AIMS examination. I pray that these kids pass. We ahd some juniors present trying to exceed. Why, I don't know. ASU is contemplating ending the exceeding AIMS 4 year scholarship. This is sick. I understand that money is tight; however, this is the only "hope" that these children have for attending a 4 year institution. Yes, ASU would save $12.9 million dollars, but there has to be another way to curtail costs than to cost children a chance to receive a quality, all-expenses paid education.

Obama, our Black Moses (Note: He's not GOD, and folks need to quit getting it twisted), please help us out of the Wilderness.

Are y'all giving anything up for Lent? I don't even try. I used to give up sweets and cursing; I about lost my mind giving up the latter. I think that I ended up cursing worse after Lent was over. Never again. I'm trying to do better, but when you teach kids all day long, and you deal with idiotic adults, sometimes, a "Damn" is justified.

Now, speaking of kids, did y'all hear about the woman with the octotuplets possibly not having the opportunity to take the babies home (until she proves that she can truly provide for them)? My grandmother heard about about how the chick wants folks to donate $$ to her. Grandma said, "I would like to donate my foot up her ass." After laughing hysterically I understood her point. There's something "off" with the chick. She has 2 babies with autism. Therefore, why would she want to go and have 8 more babies that are also going to be special needs? This is selfish. She cannot truly provide for the babies that she already has.


Who is to blame - the obstetricians or the woman?

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm giving up a couple things for lent this year for the first time. we will see how it goes.

NO COMMENT ON THIS LADY!

Michelle said...

Right on Grandma! What idiot Dr. would implant any more embryos? How did she even afford to do that? That is a perfect WTFism, I love it!!!!!!! And I don't give up anything, life is just too short :)