Thursday, May 28, 2009

Keeping Personal Things PERSONAL

To my Female readers:

I thought that I would share this MESS with you. My brother is pursuing a doctorate (I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree). WELL, he called and informed me about the atrocities occurring in his office. Think back to how small your TA's offices were. Now, imagine 4-5 people using that one office. There are some womenfolk who run on a daily basis. This *ladies* (I use that term loosely) return to the office, strip out of their shorts and PANTIES (pantiliner attached an all), and LEAVE them on the floor. My bro. informed me that the women do not even SHOWER after their run; they pat their bodies off with paper towel/a towel and put on their CLEAN clothes.

GAG.

Some things should be kept PERSONAL. Then again, I am the woman who showers BEFORE going to the gym. I cannot stand funk on me. My exercise gear goes straight from my body to the hamper. Eventually, the clothes make a Soul Train line to the washer, where they are caressed by the scent of Tide.

Since they're females, my brother was extremely nervous on how to proceed. I told him to email his dept. chair and purchase a Febreeze plug in.

Can you believe that his office mates got offended? His dept. chair asked him to email everyone and CC it to her. He did that, and the idiots informed a cohort that they were going to start messing with my bro's stuff on HIS desk.

Where does all of this stem from - - - The bro received a HUGE national fellowship for graduate school; his peers went on the WEBSITE and found out how much cheddar my brother receives each month. Since then, they have been attempting to make his life a living hell.

Sad.

1 comment:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Dude - that's NASTY. I don't even leave my dirty underwear laying around where my husband can see them, let alone a colleague! Some people are just TRASHY.

Culinary school - no way, no how. I'd hate to take something that I like and turn it into something that I hate. I've known a few people who've gone there and they HATED it.