Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Singin' Sensation: MAXWELL!!!!!

Good morning!

Y'all give God some extra praise TODAY! You KNOW how I feel about the leaf.

I am back with SSS. It's been AWHILE. See my 5.9.09 post. That should explain why I have been MIA as well as why SSS has been "ghost." I had a deep discussion with someone at work on Friday. The person said, "Dr. C., you should have come to me a long time ago." I said,"Why?" These folks here have done a good job convincing you that I am incompetent (as an instructor), and now, due to events that occurred today, you see for yourself that I am excellent." The "light" is finally starting to "shine through."

Deliver me.




Maxwell is BACK! His new album drops in July. This man is just so sexylicious. "This Woman's Work;" "Lifetime" - - - classics right up there with Sade's "Smooth Operator."

Now, if D'Angelo would only get his behind in CHECK and leave the reefer alone.

If you don't know who Maxwell is, you need Jesus fo' sho.

Go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIU2_y5D__I


Yesterday, I attended a Mocha Moms scrapbooking event. Indeed, I needed to play. I completed an album to commemorate my 60 plus students who are graduating. They should hope that they are graduating. 3/4 of them failed to turn in their final essay, and they could have failed on that alone. I asked administration to grant them an extension (Monday). They have until 7:15am to get that essay to me. I was told the following, "Dr. C., folks are SKEERED on this campus. You have a way of putting fear into them." I made these students call their parents on their cell phone (while in class) and tell them that they may not graduate due to their failure last quarter, and failure this quarter if they do not submit their final essay."

Parents were LIVID.

I used Creative Imaginations graduation line (cream and black). The women throughly loved my layouts. I just need to put them into a Creative Memories black album (which I have) call it a day. I will probably send the album off and have CM engrave it.

I am in the process of ordering my doctoral gown. It's not the Deluxe one that I want, but I will wait until next year to invest that kind of $$$ into the gown and tam. This one will "do" for Thursday's graduation.

This school year is ALMOST over - - - THANK GOD!

Women, get the latest Essence magazine. The article on domestic violence is chilling. This mess has GOT to end. It is Essence's best issue in a LONG time.

Enjoy your Sunday!

4 comments:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

i am glad that mess you were talking about is starting to resolve itself - just in time for summer break! WOO!

~EssenseVibez~ said...

gurl, i luvvvvv me shome max-to-the-well--wit' his fine self--lemme stop, my hubby is suppossa be my fine hunka chunka bootilicious (a gurl can dream can't she?!-lol)---i can't wait until summer break so i can get away from my co-workers--i'm tired of the drama if you're in the clique or not--to tell you the truth, i'd rather be around the kids than them dang adults--i do what i gotta do to remain sane--hang wit' the chilldrenz--LOL--i'm loving your blog---you have me crackn' up with your school antics---keep the fiath sistah--keep the faith---remain blessed!!!

Adrienne said...

Girl I LOVE Maxwell! My kids are counting down the days until summer lol

hippiegirl said...

Hey C, I went to a jazz club on Saturday with the boy, and they played a Maxwell song...not as hot as him, but still, made me smile when I read your post.