Howdy!
I hope that your week is off to a fantastic start! I'm ret to break down Chapter TWo of Steve Harvey's book. Now, I have to say that I was in SHOCK over what I read about his divorce from Mary Lee Harvey. There are two sides to each story; however, if any of her allegations are true (adultery, mental and physical abuse, neglect of their child), it does make me raise an eyebrow at Steve Harvey and his bestseller. How in the H can his ex get only $1K a month in child support and NONE of the property?!?!?! Can you spell bamboozled or BOO BOO the FOOL?!?!
I digress. . . Here's what Steve has to say. Regardless of his "issuhs" with the ex, bruh man is on the MONEY with what he says in Chapter Two:
* If you have been seeing a man for NINETY days and he still refers to you as his "friend," rather than his girlfriend, woman, etc. . . , HE HAS GOTS TO GO!!!!!!!! Do you hear me ladies? Therefore, if you are still "the friend, " and you have been giving this fool the "cookie" for at least 60 of the 90 days, and you are merely a friend, scrape your dignity off of the flo' and RUN!!!
* How do you know if a man loves you? He will show it in 3 different ways:
- Profess: He is willing to tell EVERYONE that you are his woman
- Provide: He will do ANYTHING to provide for you. Women, when are you going to learn that "the cookie" AIN'T free?!?!?! I'm saying this, not Steve. Mom taught me this a LONG time ago. Our bodies are all that we have. QUIT giving the cookie away for FRRRRRRRRREE! I am not implying that your body is a wager. I am stating that if he isn't doing anything for you emotionally and/or sees that you are struggling and is not willing to help you out, but wants the COOKIE, take your "jar" and RUN!
- Protect: He will do ANYTHING to protect you and your honor. Remember, you are his WOMAN.
In short, Steve reminds us that men love differently than women. If your man is doing the 3 Ps on a daily basis, then he is showing his love. Therefore, don't threaten to put his behind out if he isn't helping you fold the towels, but he is doing the aforementioned 3Ps.
Word.
3 comments:
Imma say it again, I'm going to have to read this book.
Girl, I got ALL of that in my man! Thank you Lord! I wish that all for you too!
word. (:
ps: you need to add *homeowner* to your profile/about me thing!! (:
*still so excited for you!!
Post a Comment