Monday, March 2, 2009

WHAT DRIVES MEN?/THE MINDSET OF A MAN

Good morning!

As promised, I am going to bring you my sentiments RE: Steve Harvey's book on a daily basis (fingers crossed) until I finish it. If you haven't purchased the book, GO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here we go.



I LOVE MEN. I am like Missy Elliot - "boys, boys, all types of boys, black, white, Puerto Rican, Chinese boys. . . " My problem is that they love me, but not "Dr. C." The damn idiots cannot recognize (HEY, did you hear that LA County is going to have a "NO CURSING WEEK?" WTF?!?!?! Don't bring that to Phoenix, please. I would surely have a nervous breakdown.) that Dr. C. and me (my name) are the SAME person. Therefore, I am waiting. In Chapter One, Steve explores men's motivation. He contends that regardless if your man is a NBA player, "CON," or hustler on the street corner, his actions are determined by his title, how he earned his title, and the reward that he gets for his efforts ($$$). Until a man achieves all three things, he will not give you his undivided attention. In short, until he is truly "the man," he's NOT going to have time for you.

How many of us have been there? How many of us are STILL there? Can I get a witness? Ladies, how often have you tried to "rush" things, and your man has told you that he's trying to establish himself? Ladies, how many of us HAVE more or less "arrived" and our men are pissed beyond all belief because as we are making it (and are willing to support them as they attempt to accomplish the "3s,"), and they are still trying to get his title? Chapter One really hit home for me, because I have a title - "Dr. C.," and the men that I have dated (black and white) have resented it. It has made me at times almost want to apologize for it, but then you know that lasted for 60 seconds.

Steve more or less suggests that good things are worth waiting for. If your man is trying to establish himself, you have to wait. If he's not worth waiting for/it's going to take his ass too long (according to YOU) to "arrive," move right along.

Comments?

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I really want to read this book! lol