Thursday, May 22, 2008

I can't believe that I am DOING this!!!!!!!!!!!!


I cannot BELIEVE that I am doing this. For the past two years, my friends have begged me to create a blog, because they claim that it would be "OFF THE CHAIN". I don't know about all of THAT, but here it is.

In less than 24 hours, my 1st year as a high school teacher will be COMPLETE. The song that keeps going off in my head is the old gospel song, "Oh, Happy Day." Well, OH HAPPY DAY it will be tomorrow @ 10:30am. I feel as if Christ didn't keep me near the cross; He kept me ON it. This year has been mad crazy - - - I've been called everything from white chocolate to a bald-headed trick (uh, he must have me confused with his relatives, because tricking is NOT on my resume). I will say this - - - there were some students who made a 180 in my class; those are the ones that convinced me to remain in this field. Another reason stemmed from poems like this:

Dear Dr. C.:

Let me tell you

I hate how you talk and

everything you do

and though you remain

a pain

in the ASS

Just let you know, I'll

still miss your class

My response (to myself):

I believe the children are our future

Teach them well and

let them lead the WAY.




Hmm, Whitney released "The Greatest Love of All" in 1985; do you think that it's too late to get my freakin' $$$ back?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously, she's a GREAT STUDENT. I wish that I could clone her.

No comments: