Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Carrie Bradshaw, the love of my life. . . "


You've guessed correctly! Last night, I was one of thousands of women who hurried to the theater to see "Sex and the City: The Movie". Although the film was oh so predictable, it was grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!!!!! I won't spoil the film by discussing all the minute details; however, I will say this, I LUV me some Chris Noth. I've luved that man since he first starred on "Law and Order". That was over 17 years ago (uh, where has the time gone)!!! Carrie and the girls were wonderful. I see myself in all of them:

Carrie: The free spirit. She's been "lookin' for love," but over the years, has looked in "all the wrong places".

Charlotte: She wants a "perfect" existence - -- pristine home, a family, a wonderful husband

Miranda: A workaholic that once she gets into her "groove" shuts out the outside world until she accomplishes her goal.

Samantha: A straight up HO and loves being called one. Although I am far from being a HO, I dig Samantha. She dates like a man, and I have learned to do this. If I don't feel that "click," I am no longer timid about letting you know that. If I hurt your feelings, just think how hard it was for me to tell you how I felt? In addition, I am SURE at this point in your life, you are only upset because I have hit a NERVE. Life is too short, and if I would get more passion from kissing a dead fish than you, I'ma let you know (but in a nicer manner).

Speaking of dead fish, society always knocks women for lip enhancers. Men really need to consider getting them. Do you know how odd it is kissing a man with NO lips when you have full lips?!?!!?!?!?? The baby down below has fuller lips than the last clown that I met.

My favorite line in the film, "When Big colors, he colors all outside the lines". HA!!!!!

I still have hope that I will find "the love of my life". I had a long conversation with a girlfriend. She said, "Cee, you're getting older. Men will all of these bs-a$$ problems that you are finding are going to be more and more. You're either going to have to deal with those issues or continue searching".

I'm going to continue searching. I'll be 34 years old in September. I don't have any babies, and to be honest, I don't want to date men with children (i.e. those under 18). I cannot relate. I just can't. Call me selfish, but I want 100% of my man's attention; I want to be first, and if he has a child, quite naturally his son/daughter will be #1. A former male acquaintance said that I put myself into a "box". I have enuf drama going on with work. I do not want it in my personal life due to baby-momma drama and an ex wife.

Yesterday, while looking for something in my jewelry box, I came across this folded picture of my dream wedding gown. It kinda choked me up becuz I put that picture in there nearly 5 years ago. YIKES. Back then, I was hoping that I would be in it within the next 1-2 years. I started to throw it out, but a little voice told me, "Keep it".


Today, I am going house shopping. I'll keep y'all posted!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I skipped over the movie stuff...haven't seen it yet...You hang in there girl!!!

mademoisellechitchat said...

Dangit! Blogger ate my response to you. ;(

Thanks for the kind words! Once you see the movie, let me know.