
Good morning!!!
Y'all know what today IS - - - SUUUUUUNDAY!!! Did y'all wake up and give God some "Glory, Glory!!!?" I am borrowing that phrase from my boy, CT. Indeed, Jesus is a Friend of MINE. He walks and talks with me ALL THE TIME. The problem is, Do I listen? I'm working on that.
I thought that I would share my weekend activities in photos. Friday - came home and passed OUT after I got home from the gig/cleaners. It's amazing how much $$$ I spend on dry cleaning, and that's WITH a 40% coupon.
Saturday - My girl, a professional photographer, allowed me to be her understudy. Y'all know how much I enjoy photography. I don't have the time/confidence to ever become professional, but I would like to be a "seasoned amateur." I've included a few of them at the end of this message. What do y'all think?
This wedding made me do some soul-searching. Folks, I am ready to fall deeply in love with a man and the feelings are MUTUAL. I am turning THIRTY-FOUR in NINE days! I never thought that I would be single at THIRTY-FOUR. LORD. Are there any good, 100% HETEROSEXUAL, single men left? At times, my situation makes me wanna HOLLA!!!!!!!!!!! I am a good person, and I am ready to love. Please keep me in your prayers.
I'm back with the Sunday Singin' Sensation. It's none other than my man, Marvin Gaye. If you don't know who Marvin is, ask God for repentance and a lobotomy. He's the man singin' the National Anthem in the Nike Basketball commercials. Before there was Whitney's version of the National Anthem, there was Marvin's. Before there was Luther, there was Marvin. Babies were conceived on "Sexual Healing" before "Any Love" and "Here and Now." What happened to Marvin, his strung-out on coke ass got capped by his Daddy (a REVEREND) over some $$$ on April 1, 1984. Marvin - indeed, you are missed.
Off to exercise. I need to shake some of this jiggle out of my wiggle.
Happy Sunday!!!! Remember, give God some GLORY, GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!





5 comments:
I love "the Marv."
These pictures are classic! Simply, beautiful my B&W photography goddess!
These pictures are timeless! You should be so proud of yourself, sis.
PS: Isn't it something how weddings conjure up all those feelings of love and readiness inside of us??
I love the sweet honesty of your words.
Ahh mademoiselle.. true love is in the air.
Au revoir'
Christina:
Thanks for the kind words. I thought of you and Dewey's relationship while I was there. I said, "God, please grant me something as sweet as that."
Of course there are good men still out there. You just gotta weed through the junk, and unfortunately, there's a lot more junk out there, LOL!
The photos are lovely.
Great pics girl! By the time I finish listening to your playlist...I've forgotten what my comment is lol
Post a Comment