GOOD MORNING TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sunday Singin' Sensation is BACK. While out last night, a bell went off in my head as I heard a singer perform this woman's 1994 hit, "You Gotta Be." Indeed, it is a honor to have Des'ree included in my Sunday tribute to singers. If you don't know who Des'ree is, take your behind to Wikipedia and read her bio. This sista is BAD. We all have our moments that we get down. Therefore, think of her lyrics to "You Gotta Be" and know that indeed, as long as you are STRONG (and of COURSE, have God in your LIFE), you will PREVAIL:
Listen as your day unfolds,
Try to keep your head up to the sky...
Challenge what your future holds,
Lovers they may cause you tears,
Go ahead release your fears,
Stand up and be challenged
Dont be ashamed to cry..
You gotta be, you gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser,
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together,
All I know all I know is love will save the day.
You gotta be hard you gotta be tough you gotta be stronger,
Herald what your mamma said,
Read the books your father read,
Try to solve the puzzles in your own sweet mind,
Others take a different view,
Some may have more cash than you,
My oh my, hey hey hey,
you gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser,
You gotta be hard you gotta be tough you gotta be stronger,
All I know all I know is love will save the day.
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together,
Time asks no questions, it goes on without you,
Leaving you behind if you cant stand the pace,
The world you cant stop it and if you try to,
The best part is danger staring you in the face,
Oh oh remember
Listen as your day unfolds,
Challenge what your future holds,
Try to keep your head up to the sky...
Lovers they may cause you tears,
Go ahead release your fears,
My oh my, hey hey hey
you gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser,
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together,
All I know all I know is love will save the day. (x2)
You gotta be hard you gotta be tough you gotta be stronger,
Time asks no questions, it goes on without you,
Leaving you behind if you cant stand the pace,
The world you cant stop it and if you try to,
fades out to you gotta be bad etc Yea yea ye ye yea
*** Come on back to 2008, folks. ;) This song was PERFECT considering what I saw last night. CT and I went to Va Bene. I don't believe that I will find my husband in an upscale restuarant/bar, but good LAWD, I was repulsed by what these men deem to be "attractive." They were all over women who looked as if they had "been" with everyone at this nice restaurant. The women looked like WALLLLLLLMARRRRT. Y'all know that I didn't make it any better. I sat closer to CT prior to leaving, boldly looked at the men, and shook my head. Then, CT and I threw up the deuces and left.
I had to read Des'ree's lyrics this morning, think about the fact that God wants the BEST for his chirren, and MOVE FORWARD. It's just so dang discouraging out here.
Are there ANY decent men LEFT that aren't AARP age?
Are y'all giving GOD some PPPPRAISE today? Folks, our country is in dire need of PRRRRAYER. Continue to lift each of us up in prayer. Sarah Palin - this chick FRIGHTENS me. There is something twisted about this woman. I don't buy the "wholesome mother" act whatsoever. Cindy McCain - - - I have to give girlfriend her props for the comments that she has made about Palin's views towards incest/rape victims and sex education. Cindy - I'm all about people buying beautiful things for themselves, but COME ON, our country is practically in a DEPRESSION and you are going to have on an outfit/jewelry worth over $300K.
DELIVER ME. Chick, you are CLUELESS.
Speaking of prayer, I urge each of you to visit the following site: www.cjanerun.com. A mother/wife named Stephanie Nielsen and her husband, Christian, were severely burned nearly 3 weeks ago in a plane crash. I never read Stephanie's blog prior to reading about their accident, but by reading her sister, Jane, share the trials associated with her brother-in-law's/sister's recovery, it lets me know that I worry too much about BS.
Peace.
2 comments:
Yeah, you are a bit too classy to go looking for the future husband anyways! Let him find you!
I will send prayers up for this family! : )
Girl...you're sweet & i love ya.
And that Desree song is an ultimate fave o' mine!
Happy WEEKEND, yo!
Post a Comment