Howdy.
Today, the only title that I could think of is - - - what's going on? As Curtis Mayfield would say, there's just so much going on in our society right now. The issue that I am facing on a daily basis is the growing number of gay children that I am meeting. Please don't think that I am homophobic; I am far from it. I just wish that someone would be a "voice" for these children. I know those who are full-fledge gay/lesbian, bisexual, or those who are just "experimenting." I question if many of these teens are actually gay, or are engaging in these sexual acts (i.e. my female students) because they want to have sex, but a form of sex in which they are no "consequences" (i.e. pregnancy).
Today's kids need so much guidance regarding intimacy. I don't know how many times I've heard kids who want to "come out," but know that they will be disowned due to being a person of color and/or coming from a religious family. Then, I have female students who I strongly believe are not gay, but are so desiring attention from a female that they can trust. Confusion? Clarity? Which one?
Whew! I just had to get that off my chest.
As if y'all DIDN"T already know, I LOVE me some photography. Today, while my students were supposed to be engaged in group work pertaining to the college admissions statement, I had a student say, "Dr. C., why don't you become a professional photographer? You can take a couple of classes and truly be on your way." Another student said it before I did, "Dr. C. has got BILLS to pay. She can't just quit her job." My response, "You've got THAT right." The young woman said, "But, if it's your passion, you should do it." Again, the student said, "Dr. C. has BILLS to pay." Uh, can I second that emotion, Smokey?
Where do we draw the line between working jobs that we love, but are passionate about because it pays the BILLS and being willing to do something that we are passionate about, but must place on the "back burner" due to BILLS, family, etc. . . ? What does this say about our society?
In short, I am keeping my day job. I do love it, and it allows me to also engage in my passion - photography. My students are some of my favorite models. They do not fully realize the emotions that I capture everytime that I press the shutter button.
Lordy, I am soundin' like my girl, Christina, here. ;)
And, speaking of BILLS, I need to prep for tonight's class. I've got 5 more hours and counting before I can get UP OUT OF THESE CLOTHES AND CRASH!!!!!!
I forgot to share this conversation on Monday night. Are you one of those people who uses the bathroom while on the phone? Well, I am NOT. Here's a recent conversation btwn me and my boy, T.:
Me: I'm going to put you on mute. I need to use the bathroom.
T: Girl, you kill me. Just piss, alright?
Me: No, that's rude. Phone is now on mute.
T: Your ass is crazy. Women so fucking pee weird and shit. . . . I bet you that you're over there laughing like a crazy ass.
Me: laughing too hard to finish peeing. Finally finish, flush, wash hands, and get back on the phone.
Truj: Are you done?
Me: You are a freaking IDIOT.
Is there ANY decency LEFT in the world?
Word.
3 comments:
I don't talk on the phone while in the bathroom either. I'll tell someone, I have to GO, call you back! I don't even like talking through the door to someone. I'm weird like that. :)
Ain't it the truth, Sarah? ;)
Yes, you do sound like me! : ) Oh, it would be so nice to live out our dreams, without worrying about the bills! : )
Now, let me quit dreaming and get back to work!
Post a Comment