Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday Singin' Sensation #1 !

Happy Sunday! I hope that y'all remember to give God some PRAISE today. If God isn't the center of your life/the being that you worship, then thank the rock, Earth, bells, i.e. IT that has brought the sunshine into your life TODAY. Heck, if you aren't religious, STILL go to my playlist and play "You've Got the Sunshine" by The Clark Sisters. It is still my #1 Gospel JOINT. I remember when the song was released in 1983; it was a huge hit. In fact, "You've Got" was so big that it crossed over to secular music stations. That's right - - - one minute we were hearing "Please Don't Forget Me Not" (Patrice Rushon) and the next, we were jamming to The Clark Sisters.

My girl, Adrienne, has "Throw Back Fridays" on her blog. I'm going to toy with her idea and call my tribute to a song/singer "Sunday Singin' Sensation". I thought that it would be appropriate to begin with my #1 R&B icon, Luther Vandross. Where do I begin with Luther? The man could SANG. I don't care if you are white, black, Asian, Hispanic, etc. . . , you have either HEARD of Luther and/or got your groove on with some Luther Vandross songs. If you haven't to either one, stop what you're doing, go to my playlist, and introduce yourself and your man/woman to LUTHER. This brotha' should still be with us. I liked Luther fat and skinny. Heck, I didn't care that the man was probably talking about another man as he sang, "Any Love"; "Knock Me Off of My Feet". The man could SANG, and that was all that was important. Any child born after 1980 was probably conceived while a Luther Vandross song was playing in the background as their parents were getting busy. Luther's fan base was universal; all races and ethnic groups embraced him. And, if you are holy-roly, and only listen to non-secular music, as my boy Steve Harvey said, quit your lyin'. Even T.D. Jakes' folks listen to Luther while tryin' to create another lil' Christian.

Get your booty up off the floor and continue to read: ;)


Luther was like Oprah. If y'all know anything about black folks, you know that they can MESS UP a name (especially, my no-can hearin' Daddy) and a disease (i.e. "You know that Magic Johnson got THAT AIDS). My name (which y'all see that I deliberately avoid using on this site) has been messed up so many times that I have given up trying to correct people. Luther was commonly referred to as LOOFAH (like the wash sponge). My people mean well, but WOW. Luther left us to be the Lord's Director of Music on July 1, 2005 (I know, "Girl, you are a MESS".). Pay tribute to Loofah today and play one of his songs to the right.

Yesterday, I met my new realtor. He's a sweet man. First, we had breakfast @ IHOP. Then, we went to the same complex where I cancelled my offer. I viewed two 3 BDR units and placed my bid. Please continue to keep me in your prayers/thoughts about this matter.

Yesterday, my brother sent me WTFism #10. He said to place it onto my blog. I am glad to see that he is reading my blog. I asked him, "Are you reading my blog"? He said, "Girl, you are crazy". No, what's crazy is the information under WTFism #10. When are folks gonna realize that you CAIN'T mess with a black woman and her HAIR?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Don't forget - - - play "You've Got the Sunshine". In fact, stroll back down memory lane and leave my playlist up. Some of the links may not work; kill me. What do you expect from something that is F-R-E-E?!?!?!?!?!?

Have a FANTASTIC day!




2 comments:

Adrienne said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm still on the floor!!! YOU SO STUPID!! YEs I said YOU SO lol. Not you are so stupid hahahaha

mademoisellechitchat said...

LOL!

I TRIES!!!!!


Aren't I correct about LOOFAH!! It's a whole bunch of children out there who should see Luther as their honorary godfather. ;)