Similar to the other 50 trillion people in the world, I have some GOALS for 2009. They are:* To take 365 photos this year. That's right, a photo a day. I am creating a scrapbook album called: 365 Days, 365 Photos, 365 Moments. My mantra is one of Gordon Park's famous quotations: "The important people are those that [s]he photographs."
* To share these pics with you on a DAILY basis. That's right - my GOAL is to blog 365 days this year - even if it's just a PHOTO.
* Embrace SERENITY
There are others, but for the moment, I will keep them to myself.
On to last night:
* The food was EXCELLENT at Ko'Sin. There were things that I didn't like - buttermilk cornmeal crusted fried oyster on a lollipop stick; the venison "gift" from the chef that I graciously declined. Overall, the food was awesome - fennel and garlic crusted pork tenderloin with walnut risotto and broccoli; opera torte (chocolate, cream, and cake layered) with a blueberry compote; champagne and a cosmopolitan
*I survived my SHOES. The female staff wanted the shoes and dress. Have you ever received an item of clothing from your mom that you didn't initially like, but once you accessorized it, you loved it? I hate my skinny arms. Mom knows this, but she continues to buy me sleeveless items.
* I took a cab to Wild Horse Pass. Crazy-ass story: The driver thought that I was going to the CASINO and pulled up there. I said, "No, the hotel." He said, "I was wondering why you were so dressed up to gamble at that damn casino." LOL.
* I wanted to check into the hotel
* I saw the University of Minnesota's football team arrive - police motorcade and 3 coach buses. Good GOD, the hotel's lobby became a sea of red and gold.
Today:
*Attending a 12 hour cropping session @ Paper Vineyards. My girl, Rhonda, and I have been doing this for about 3 years. It's our New Year's ritual.
* Taking Photo #1 and posting it tonight.
* NOT eating any black-eyed peas or collard greens (I hate both, but I eat turnip and mustard greens)
* Wishing you a FABU 2009!!!!!
7 comments:
you've just inspired me to do the "photo a day for 365".
ty!!!
happiest new year to YOU and YOURs!
Happy New Year! I'm doing project 365 too this year. Let's see how long I last lol
I really love your 365 idea. I want to join you. BUT. I want them all to be gorgeous if I have to show people, and they won't be. You see, of course, what a weenie I am. I can't wait to see yours though.
happy new year!
imma take a pic everyday.. with my camera phone.. hahaha
cute dress, as always.
happy new year back!
i'm lookin' forward to all your 365 photos! you're awesome...(:
So I have to take a picture errday? Hmm... let me go have some black eyed peas and collards and get back to you on that. ; )
You were Smokin' Hot! for NYE!! Woohoo!! Looking forward to seeing more of your photo-a-day project...very cool!
Post a Comment