Wednesday, December 31, 2008

365

Good morning!

Since I am awake (have thangs to do today, and I am skeered that I will oversleep. Therefore, I needed to get up and set the cell phone alarm clock), I thought that I would compose my final post for 2008.

Yesterday, I mustered the strength to spend an hour with this perky lady:
I look as if I just checked out of crack rehab and have been clean for 90 days. Ang said, "Please don't post this pic of me on your blog; okay, you can." Angie, you look so cute. Miss Olivia, I am anxious to meet you.

Afterwards, I opted to get off the Mesa bus and venture onto the new Phoenix Light Rail system. Since my bus from my neighborhood will no longer directly take me to ASU, I will have to catch the LR to Priest and Washington in order to connect with my bus. Here's a pic of the sign:

Verdict: I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bus driver drives faster than the LR glides along the rail. Heck, I felt as if this was the Trolley from "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood." Angie, Chloe will LUV it. You can catch it on Sycamore and Main the next time that you @ at your folks' home. The only people who truly enjoyed it were little boys and girls. They were all OVER the place. When I got off the LR, I truly needed a drink, but I am on this antibiotic. I had the shakes. It just moved too SLOW. I'm from an area with real trains, not a city bus on some "electric skis."

Last night, Mr. A. and I went and got "beautified." We had been talking about getting a pedicure since our break started; then, I got sick. Since I'm going out this evening, and I am wearing peekaboo shoes, I had no choice but to get them done. I called Mr. A., and he said, "Let's go."

We went to Bamboo Nails. They are the BEST. Mr. A. got the full treatment - seasalt scrub; brown sugar scrub. Then, he started clowning my toes. I have a couple "bruised" toes from running the dang vacuum cleaner over them as a kid. He said, "You need to get some of those false nails and put them on those toes." I said, "Fool, I did that once." He said, "YOU LYIN'!" I said, "No, I am not. You can do that." My toes are NOT that jacked up. The woman painted them a fire engine red with a snowflake on each big toe. Mr. A. said, "Damn, those feet look good!" My response, "SHET UP!"


Once again, these were all shot with my P&S. I didn't carry Big Gurl with me yesterday.


Day 365 - are we already here? Weren't we just on Day 100?

2008:

* Another year of life for me, my family, and close friends
* Another year of strengthening my relationship with Christ
* More peace than I received in 2007
* The strength to get rid of some emotional trash
* The strength to tell a few menfolks to hit the do' and allow it to spank both booty cheeks
* The opportunity to assist students who lack self-esteem/self-worth
* The chance to achieve some personal goals
* Joy and pain, which caused me to get back up to achieve more joy
* Tranquility at the workplace (especially from August-December - no, "You're in trouble on the double" phone calls summoning me to the Big House)
* The ability to properly TITHE
* Meeting wonderful people (both in person and electronically)
* BLESSINGS

To GOD be the GLORY, folks!!!! I hope that each of you are going out tonight - dinner, clubbing, watchnight service @ your choice. If not, do spend some time reflecting on how BLESSED you have been this year. If you don't feel it, consider that you woke up EACH morning in 2008 - that's 365 mornings if your booty woke up this AM and are reading this message!!!

GOD IS LOVE!

Folks, I leave you with this picture:


I purchased these in black; I will be wearing them tonight. Pray that I live to see the 1st day of 2009.


I look forward to reading about what you have to say about Day 365 on your own blogs. I am going to be out for a large portion of the day. Therefore, I'll hit you up tomorrow!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Be safe tonight!!! Happy New YEar!

Michele Reed said...

I loved this post, Cee! So much going in your life right now......and the shoes, oh dear me...the shoes. ;) Have fun in them tonight! Happy 2009!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, happy new year!! Be safe tonight and have a wonderful time in your sexy new shoes!

christina said...

Dying! Just dying! lol I love him!