HOWDY this MONDAY MORNING!!!!
Recently, I had a conversation with a fellow blogger. We were discussing some issues that bloggers have faced. It made me think of the other conversations that I have had with avid bloggers. Some of the comments that I have heard are:
* commenting on other people's blogs, but they never seem to take the time to respond to comments that you left on theirs
* not feeling "popular" because you have 0 comments after multiple days of posting
* seeing that you faithfully respond to people who you thought "liked you," but they will respond to everyone else's posts that day (on their acquaintance's blogs), but didn't *dare* to comment on yours.
* CRAZY FOLKS who you thought were your "friend," but is not (Note: I am still trying to understand how this one works because oftentimes, these "friends" are people that you have YET to meet!!!!! Friendships do happen in blogworld, but come on, getting angry with a stranger is ludachrist.)
* Some people put TOO much of their/kids/spouse's BIZNESS on their blogs. Then again, it is their blog, and their is such a thing as Freedom of SPEECH.
* Folks are extremely envious
* People only respond to your posts after they see that you have commented a couple of days on theirs (Note: Are we in high school?)
Here are my two cents (for what they are worth):
*Blog because you LOVE to express yourself through writing; art; photography, etc. .. . We are not here to win a popularity contest. The last time that I checked, none/most of us are not receiving any royalties for publishing our daily thoughts.
*Who cares if someone does not respond to you? Your words may have been what was needed to touch that person's heart on that particular day.
* If your so-called "friend" ignores your blog, move right along with your day.
*If you are going to the Internet in search of friends/love/support, you need some DEEP love in your life. Seek this from God first prior to going to the Internet and attempting to find it from a complete STRANGER.
* RE: the envious, it is extremely sad to be envious of the blessings that God has bestowed on others - whether it is a spouse; children; better talents than others (i.e. cooking; scrapbooking; quilting; gardening, photographing; you get the point). If you are going to be jealous of someone on the WEB, might I suggest getting yourself right prior to spending countless hours on the computer.
Whew!
Have a wonderful start to your work week! ;)
7 comments:
I agree with your two cents. You have to blog for your own pleasure. Don't get too caught up in comment count and followers because then you lose the whole point of you blogging in the first place.
I am an English Major too. I graduated from college many moons ago..it took me all this time to read Jane Austen. There are too many books and authors, it would take a lifetimes to read everything.
i always try to get to each and every person who leaves me a comment. those who i am closer to. i try to email or txt often.
it makes me sad to know that some feelings have been hurt in the blog world.
i try and understand, every ones situation.
i respect what a blogger puts on their blog. if there comes a time i don't. i just keep my comments to myself.
it's all love
peace~
xo
What true words you are sharing... It's easy to get caught up when you are new to blogging. I did. Recently, I blogged really quickly making a mistake and I felt badly about it. I have to admit, it's very hard to get around to all the blogs to comment on them but I try. Full-time job, daughter, step-sons, hubby, family, I do all that I can do and I'm thankful for that! Stopped by from Necessary Room!
My mama always say:
who JAH bless, no man curse.
life's too short.
enjoy it.
Sending positive vibes your way.
one love.
amen. [i whole heartedly agree.]
i know i am guilty of not responding/commenting sometimes, & it's not 'cause i don't WANT to...i just can't find the time some days.
i love your blog & would be VERY sad if you stopped.
heart ya!
i stumbled over here from christina's blog. my sister and i often lament our comment droughts. worrying that we are not popular, like girls waiting for the ask to the prom. but really, we do it for ourselves, to stay connected and if someone connects to us, well that's great too. comments....verification, which we need because????
Cee, what a great post. Totally agree with each and every wise word you said!
I blog for me, I couldn't care less if anyone reads it :) But...like everyone else I enjoy when someone takes the time to leave a comment. Your post opened my eyes that it could hurt some people's feelings if I don't acknowledge their comment. Thanks for the 02.c! It was enlightening!
Post a Comment