Good morning!
I thought that I would create a new series: The Mr. A. and Cee Dialogue Series. We engage in so much discourse (and I post about it all the time). Therefore, why not feature it?
This is totally a WTFism. Yesterday, I opted to go to bed REALLY early, because I was literally brain-dead. I got into bed and called Mr. A. We were talking about random things when he told me that he had to take another call, and he would call me back. He proceeded to call me in about 15 minutes. That's when the following conversation occurred:
Mr. A. : Remember that parking ticket that I got due to that damn camera?
Me: The one on X road, with me in the car?
Mr. A.: Yeah. Well, those folks called me just now for Traffic Court.
Me: Oh, so, when is your class?
Mr. A.: Let me tell you about this one. They called me in f****** Spanish.
Me: WHAT?!?!?!?
Mr. A.: They asked me if I could attend the Spanish class and if I knew Spanish. I said, "Yeah, and yes, I know some Spanish because I teach a lot of Mexican kids who are straight out of Mexico.
Me: ON THE BED ROLLING LIKE A DERANGED IDIOT!!!!!
Me: YOU SAID WHAT?!?!?!?!? You told this woman that you spoke Spanish?! WHY?!
Mr. A. : They ain't tyin' up my Saturday with no class way out in BFNW. That's why I am going to the Spanish class. They had a White woman doing all the talking to see if I spoke the language. When I said yes, they put a Mexican woman on the phone who started asking me questions in Spanish. She would say, "Deet da deet da deet da deet," and pause. That's when I knew that she was waiting for me to say, "Si," and that's exactly what I did for each question.
Me: YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
Mr.A.: What have I told you about putting me in your category?
Me: SHET UP! When is your class?
Mr. A.: Coming up.
Me: So, for 5 hours you are going to sit in this class in Espanol?
Mr. A.: Si.
Me: You do know that this is going on the blog.
Mr. A.: I know that you are putting this on your blob (note: This is his pronunciation of the word).
Me: God, you are hilarious.
Mr. A.: No, I just don't have any time to waste.
I need to return to journaling. I need to go out, purchase a pretty journal, and GO. I know that I have the gift of writing; however, writing is laborious for me. I associate it w/work (due to my profession). I write enough during the work day.
Happy Saturday!
2 comments:
You are funny!! Taking the class in spanish!
no habla espanol? si si...lmao! hope it goes well! I would have to say that I get this all the time, I surely understand most everything, but I clearly cannot speak spanish. I know the words but I can't form sentences...that and I get asked "where I'm from" and what is my "background" I used to find it insulting, now I just make stuff up because I can!
Post a Comment