Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mike - - - RIP

Dear Readers:

Truly, I am at a loss for words (which y'all KNOW does not happen OFTEN). I cannot even bring myself to find a pic of Mike and include it in this posting. There are certain people that I will always know where I was when something happened - - - watching the CBS when it was announced that Marvin Gaye was killed; just finishing an episode of "The Guiding Light" when Magic announced that he was HIV positive; en route to purchase my prom dress when the Rodney King verdict was announced, and the list goes on.

Today, I was in the theater when Mom emailed and informed me that Michael had passed away; I thought it was a joke, like when folks said that Whitney Houston was dead. Michael is indeed dead. I feel for his family; I mourn with his children.

I will never forget my brother's fanaticism with Mike. He even told his Sunday School teacher that Mike died on the cross and saved him of his sins. I will remember watching him do the Moondance for the 1st time on the Motown tribute show.

Sigh.

Mike, you are so missed. It still has not completely hit me yet. The stars are in shock. Everyone from Lisa Marie Pressley to Madonna are in tears.

Regardless of his wrongs, his fans still loved him.

Mike, you are finally at peace; you no longer have to run from your pain.

RIP.

1 comment:

Mrs Anne said...

Girl, I couldn't agree more.
My heart breaks for him.
The king of pop is dead.

:(

i'm making a remix of his greatest hits..email me if you want a copy!