Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve holds a special place in my heart. In December 1974, my mother started a tradition in our family that I would receive a new pair of PJs so that I was looking "fresh" when Santa arrived. 1974 was my first Christmas; in 2008, my mom still holds this tradition. Now my bro, "burned his ass" (mom's phrase) with our mother about 12 years ago; he stated that he would rather receive an additional gift on Christmas Day than to get pjs. He's yet to receive another pair of Christmas pjs from her.

When I lived in IN, I would get: a robe, nightgown or pjs, and brand-new slippers. Due to the warm weather in AZ, I usually receive pjs or a nightgown. Regardless, I am "ret" for Christmas morning. I look forward to carrying this tradition on with my own family.

Here's a better picture of my tree:


To my reader from Columbia, SC - MERRY CHRISTMAS! Thanks for always reading my blog. I hope that you eventually comment so that I can also read your blog. ;)



Friends, what are your Christmas Eve traditions?

Merry Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Awww that is so sweet!!! We do the same thing!!! We also do crafts and baking!

christina said...

Adorable! We bake, walk to service and come home to eat homemade sausage, plantains, and other goodies.

Merry Christmas, love.

Still Patrice said...

Merry Christmas :)