Monday, December 15, 2008

I WILL MARRY . . .

A FREAKIN' PHARMACIST!!!!! Folks, I have been MIA due to a bad case of the flu. It started last Thursday, and it's still going on. I had a cough that literally has kept me up for the past 5 days. The cough was so bad that folks would stop and ask me if I was okay. My cough syrup cost me SIXTY DOLLARS. Theraflu Nightime cough syrup wasn't cutting it. I have BCBS of AZ insurance, and of course, the syrup didn't come generic. The pharmacist refers to it as "Solid Gold;" hell, it should be "Solid GREEN."

LAWD.

I have been extremely hoarse and have had laryngitis-type symptoms. My students knew not to mess me with, because I had threatened to put them OUT for the day. It was so cold in my classroom that I called my principal's administrative assistant and said, "Heat, please."

I did manage to make some cookies with T. on Sunday. We made some cut outs; pumpkin bread, and I made some magic cookie bars. If you haven't made MCBs, you MUST. It takes you 10 minutes to throw everything together:

2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup of melted butter
1 14 oz can of condensed milk
2 cups of chocolate chips
1.5 cups of shaved coconut (grated will work, but I dig the shaved, and Krogers/Fry's sells it)
1.5 cups of chopped walnuts

Preheat oven @ 350 degrees. Spray some PAM in an 8x8 pan
Pour graham crackers into a bowl. Pour melted butter into bowl and stir.

Press buttery crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of pan
Pour can of condensed milk onto crust
Pour chips, then coconut, then nuts into milk. Make sure everything is even

Bake for 30 minutes or so.

DELISH and TRES SIMPLE!!!!!

I will post some pics tomorrow. I've been on a makin' Christmas projects kick. I just LOVE the paper. Scenic Route, Making Memories, and Cosmo Cricket have really outdone themselves.

Angie D., THANK YOU for the lovely Christmas card. It's the first card that I have received this season. I SO want Miss Chloe. Folks, visit Angie's blog - www.angieinpink.blogspot.com She always has something uplifting to say. My colleague calls me in the evening sayin', "Girl, are you reading that angieinpink over there? You're so quiet." We were out on Saturday evening, and I had him stop at the mailbox. He said, "Oh, is that angieinpink and her family?"

I managed to get my Christmas cards out. My girl, Alisen, as well as MPix did a heck of a job. Mr. A. has already framed my Christmas card (5x7), Kira, you have got to email me your address!!!

Miz Sara, your pics are in! I'm a ready for my cake when you have a moment to breathe. ;)

Time to catch up on my SLEEP!!!

3 comments:

angiedunn said...

um yum. that sounded delish!

you're most welcome for my oh-so simple christmas card. you just crack. me. up...(: i love you!

christina said...

Magic bars have always been a favorite. ; )

Feel better!

xxoo

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Funny stories. Love the picture of your co-worker!