Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Singin' Sensation: MARY JANE GIRLS!!!

Good morning!

Y'all know to give God some glory! glory! this morning. Leave that leaf ALONE!

This week's Singin' Sensation: the Mary Jane Girls. My joint is "All Night Long." I never tire of that song. IF you do not know who the MJGs are, take your booty to Wikipedia.com and become EDUCATED. They are the protegees of my boy, Rick James (RIP).

I heard this song last night at Va Bene, and I said, "Indeed, they deserve some SSS props!!!"

Here is my weekend in review (in color). I had a BLAST at "The Nutcracker." The children were WONDERFUL. A little girl (almost three) kept coming by my row and smiling at me. I thought that she was lost. The baby was trying to get on the STAGE and DANCE with the performers. Her mom grabbed her kicking and screaming. Hmm, it's time to enroll her in dance classes.

These pics suck becuz I used my point and shoot. Once you use a SLR, you don't want to go back to a P&S. I didn't think that I would be able to take a lot of pics; therefore,I just packed the Panasonic Lumix P&S. Boy, was I surprised when we were able to get on stage and meet the cast members:







Go to "The Nutcracker." Make this your tradition. I saw this adaptation @ Desert Vista High School. The Kimberly Lewis Dance School performed it. I met Ms. Lewis; indeed, she is a sweet woman who has a LOT of talent. Kudos, girlfriend!

Last night, I went to Va Bene with Mr. A. Do you know that we stepped out of his truck matching. I said, "Are you my Will tonight, and I am your Jada (y'all remember how they used to MATCH all the dang time "back in da day!"). We both had on gray and black. I love this pic:


Here are some pics of the books that I have made this holiday season. The ho! ho! ho! is a Little Golden Book (altered) with vintage Christmas ephemera. Truly, I enjoyed making this item. I used Daisy D's vintage Christmas paper (mistletoe). This is an actual sleigh bell attached to the coil binding:





I made the book with the bow @ a class. I still need to upload pics of another book that I made. Now, the bow book is just going to be a "keepsake." I have yet to add any pics to it. It is made out of canvas and heavy-duty cardboard.

Now, I am no way as talented as Sara, Angie, and Adrienne; however, I do try. ;)

Get those gifts wrapped so that you can sit back and TRULY enjoy the reason for this beautiful season: - JESUS!!!

Off to go praise the LAWD at church!

:Hugs:

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

You look great girl! And I hear you on the point and shoot to SLR! LOL

angiedunn said...

just so you know...

i'm coveting your dress & figure right now. (: so cute: you are adorable.

& BEAUTIFUL books.

Michele Reed said...

Oh goodness........the altered Little Golden book is adorable..so is the book (with the green bow) you made in a class.....very inspiring...my creative mojo has been at it usual low this December..but I don't know? LOL It might just come back with a vengeance in January! ;)