
I am trying to set some goals for 2009. One of them is to read a novel each week (52 total). Although I am an English teacher, I am TIRED of reading. I associate reading with work (which is bad). I am going to start making extra credit assignments for my students to read/report on a novel a week.
This week's read: Joseph by Sheila P. Moses. Christina recommended the book to me about 2 weeks ago. I purchased it on Saturday, and I must admit that I raised an eyebrow to it. I said to myself, "Self, this is the same dang story over again, but with a male rather than a female protagonist."
Then, I had to re-evaluate and act as if I was 12 on up reading the novel. Then, I started to enjoy it. If you have a child in this age group, I recommend that you purchase the book for him/her. I plan on reading the novel to my Freshmen during the last 10 minutes of each class.
What are you reading?
3 comments:
Right now I am reading Foreign Body by Robin Cook. So far so good!
"Painted Desserts"
; )
What a wonderful goal.
Adrienne and Christina: I will have to check these books out. Adrienne, I used to read Robin Cook throughout high school and was hooked. I'll have to revisit him.
I hope that I can accomplish this goal. I am always on my students about reading, but I am slacking.I haven't seen too many good reads in young adult literature, and that is what I primarily read. Everything is fantasy, "Valley Girls," or sci-fi, and that's *so* not me.
Post a Comment