GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY SUNDAY!
Readers, you may have wondered where I've been, especially in regards to posting/commenting on your blogs. I have been "underground." This summer, I had to complete the requirements of my teaching certification program. We were originally informed that there were no extensions; now, I hear that the state is offering to extend certificates. Within the past 5 weeks, I have:
Taken 5 classes (4 being online)
Taken 7 exams
Completed a vast amount of homework assignments (mind you, there are a minimum of 10 assignments per course)
Studied more hours than I care to recall
Had 7 panic attacks at the testing center; one female employee remembered me from last summer, and she said, "You're back!" I said, "I promise not to freak out as badly as I did last summer."
Scored nothing lower than a 89% average on my exams. In order to pass the course, you must have an 80% average on the midterm and final in order for your homework to count
Received a 97% on Exam #7 yesterday afternoon.
I have to edit my Unit Plan and have a colleague complete a form for me. Then, I am DONE.
My goal for this summer - B equals keep my job. I wasn't striving for As. Those days are far gone. I have a doctorate, and even at that point, I was like, P = Ph.D. Give me an A or B. It doesn't matter. Both equal my ticket out of graduate school.
Mr. A. picked me up from the college yesterday afternoon. I hugged him for at least 5 minutes. This man discovered the TUTORING ROOM (which of course, I didn't know exist), and he was in there playing solitaire on the computer. I called to tell him to please come get me (we were going to dinner). He said, "Where you at?" I said, "I am heading to the computer lab." Mr. A. said,"I'm up here."
Too funny!
This is the song that we heard on the way home. It's by the Doobie Brothers:
Jesus is just alright with me, jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright with me, jesus is just alright
I dont care what they may say
I dont care what they may do
I dont care what they may say
Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright
Jesus is just alright with me, jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright with me, jesus is just alright
I dont care what they may know
I dont care where they may go
I dont care what they may know
Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus, hes my friend; jesus, hes my friend
He took me by the hand; led me far from this land
Jesus, hes my friend
Jesus is just alright with me, jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright with me, jesus is just alright
I dont care what they may say, I dont care what they may do
I dont care what they may say, jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWWDdbRb-Po
God, I am EVER so thankful for your assistance. Indeed, He led me by the hand this summer! I am thankful to my mom and grandma who kept me going. Pam, thank you for checking in on me!
You are loved!
2 comments:
I wish you all A's for your teaching certification.
Friend, you are beyond amazing.
Post a Comment