Greetings!Today, I embarked in my twice a year ritual - - - attending Vicky Secret's Semi-Annual Sale. I was in the door by 8:05am. I don't play when it comes to purchasing my bras and chonies on sale. I was, however, LIVID. Although many of the bras and and panties were on sale, OF COURSE, my itty-bitty ass SIZE wasn't on sale - - - at least the bras that were going to do my sorry-ass "girls" some JUSTICE. It breaks my heart at what has happened to them. Fifteen years ago, I lost 60 lbs, and my girls as well. At the time, I was jumping for JUBILEE - - - 36 Ds were killing my back and shoulders. Now, I would settle for a 34 C. If I could afford to buy me some breasts, that would be the *perfect* size for me. Mom said, "Your breasts will return once you have a baby." DELIVER ME. Is she out of touch with my dating calendar???
When the Vicky's chick measured me today - - -NOTE - -- women, go get yourself MEASURED. Quit wearing the wrong-size bras because you're too lazy to get measured, I wanted to CRY. They keep getting smaller. I was just a 34 B not too long ago. It's called WORK. When the pressure is on, I lose weight, and my chest size gets smaller.
I had to purchase REGULARLY-PRICED bras today. That's some MESS. I couldn't even find more than 3 pairs of cotton chonies (on sale) in my size. Can't a girl find a high-cut panty in a size Medium? NOOOOOO. Yes, I said cotton. It's HOT HERE. I am not even trying to look cute. I need to be as absolutely comfortable as possible right now. I've got enuf pretty underwear. I needed some of those 18 hour panties.
I also need a drink, but I am on an antibiotic for my teef.
Moving right along. . . I feel myself starting to get choked up. My lender emailed me to check on me today. Everyone is trying to make a deal. Hell, I am trying to hustle, but folks aren't budging.
My BFF, Michael, will be visiting me in July. HOORAY!!! I haven't seen him since we graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill (GO TARHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in 1998. I met Michael during my first day of graduate school. It's so hard to believe that we met 12 years ago. Where has the time gone?!?! I haven't seen Michael since 1998. I returned to IN, and he currently is teaching abroad in the Middle East. Michael is cool peeps. There were so many days that I nearly passed out in the Quad due to his jokes. I'll never forget how Michael once said, "Why in the hell are we studying Old English? No black people speak this sh*t!!!" I said, "If they were offering a course on how to parse Ebonics, we would pass with FLYING COLORS!!!!!"
Peace
8 comments:
Girl this year I started wearing Le Mystere. I LOVE THEM!!! I will NEVER buy VS again!!! They are pricey but SO worth it!!
http://www.barenecessities.com/search.asp?search=le+mystere&mode=1&cm_mmc=GLSR-_-le%20mystere-_-LeMystereOnly-_-A&source=GoogleA&term=LeMystereOnly&keyword=%5Ble%20mystere%5D&LID=43954997
So glad you will get to visit with your friend. I love you but I SO don't feel sorry for you and your medium drawers! Hey you think if you go there and buy me two large I can get adrienne to sew em together for me and make them into one pair that fit my big ass, I mean curves?!
After all what are friends for?
You must move on from VS. Something else. Anything else.
Stupid bloglines hadn't been updating for your blog. I thought you had stopped posting, and then today, BAM! 14 posts. Good reading. You crack me up.
Cecily. Your posts are hysterical. Keep up the good work. And cute banner. You're adorable.
Adrienne:
I called Nordstroms. They are holding some bras for me. Girl, don't you know that Le Mystere is for FULL BREAST womenfolks?! Thus, the saleswoman has recommended Wacoal (which I used to wear). La Mysterie will probably be on sale next month @ Nordstroms for their anniversary sale (FYI).
Thanks for the tip!
Christina:
YOU HAVE LOST YOUR DURN MIND!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! ;)
Miss M.:
Glad to have you back. I try and post once a day. It helps me clear my brain.
RE: VS, yes maam. ;)
Angie:
Thanks for the compliments! I got my inspiration from you. ;)
Hey, are you going to post LOs for the Paradise class?
Post a Comment