
Happy Sunday good PEOPLES!!!
Once again, make sure that you do what Jim and Tammy Faye PROFESSED to do - - - Praise The Lord (get your eyeliner and mascara out, ladies!). Seriously, give my God (or who/whatever) you worship today some PRAISE. If it's a leaf, well I guess praise IT (then again, who made the leaf? - WTF?!). Therefore, just go ahead and praise HIM). Stop on over to the Juke Joint and play the Clark Sister's "Praise Him".
It's time for Sunday Singin' Sensation . . . This week, I chose to feature the "Ivory Queen of Soul," TEENA MARIE!!!! This chick is just Black. She may appear to be Caucasian, but she is more black than most African American women that I know. I've luved this chick since "Ooh La La" and "Lovergirl". She couldn't help but be great, because every singer that RICK JAMES (I'm Rick James, BIIIIIIIIITCH - - - - THE BET Awards moment that will go down in HISTORY) TOUCHED was destined for gold. If you've never heard of Teena, go to the Juke Joint and play "Lovergirl". The woman is BAD. And, if you do not know who Rick James is, it's a good thing that today is SUNDAY. I'll save cussin' your booty out for MONDAY.
It was a relatively quiet weekend. An hour ago, I finally sat down and saw if there were any homes in my price range. I added another one to the list that I will tomorrow AM. If it's bank-owned, I am not wasting my time. Y'all keep me in your prayers/thoughts ab out that.
HEY, here's a WTF moment:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/5824064.html
How in the WORLD did he lose his crib and bank?!?!??! See, he should have stuck with Wife #1. Hmm, maybe one of those folks that he gave those checks to will establish a "Save Ed's Crib" account and bail him out.
Here's a shout out to my girl, Kira, and her hubby, Mark, for the birth of their second baby boy, Beck Holden (8lbs, 4 0z). Ooh, the thought of me having to push a baby that size out of my "Southern Hemisphere" makes my uterus shudder.

On that note, PEACE.
6 comments:
What a beautiful baby!
Enjoying the blog! You are a MESS! :oD Haha!
Found you via Adrienne. Will be back!
OMGoodness I love Teena Marie! I used to spell my name ChrisTEENA in high school because of her! I loaded the La Dona album on my ipod a few weeks ago.
"Fire and Desire" Puhleeze. I love it!
When "Rick" passed away we had a RIP Rick James BBQ! I never did get the font on my "Im Rick James Biiiitch" banner as straight as I wanted but that was a dammed good bbq.
Adrienne: He can't help but be. He's got 2 beautiful-looking parents.
Virtuous:
THANK YOU!!! Adrienne, thanks for linkin' me, girlfriend. Spread the WORD. ;)
Christina:
YOU CRAZY. A RIP BBQ?!!?!?!? LOL! Do you know that I cried when Rick died?!?!? Mom called and informed me. He's the FIRST tar that I remember diggin'. Both he and Donna Summer. Heck, every time that they were on "Soul Train," I ran to the television.
Those were the days (before I was old enuf to realize that their a$$es were lip synching).
Post a Comment