I hope that you enjoyed your Father's Day festivities with your dad/husband/brother, etc. . .
My dad was content with his tie and matching hankerchief. Then again, he isn't the hard one to shop for; Mom is. I just have my brother's birthday next month, and then NOTHING until Christmas (which is a monster in itself).
Today's post is in regards to what went down on Saturday. I was eating some chili in Wendy's (even though it was freaking 200 degrees outside), and these rambunctious teens entered the restuarant. Every other word was N*gga, n*gga, n*gga. It took me for a look because for the last 3.5 weeks, I haven't heard the word uttered. It's a common word used amongst my students, and since school has ended, I haven't heard it. I engaged in a conversation with a parent, and I deliberately said how I hadn't heard the word since May. Before I knew it, the kids shut the hell up. It's going to take someone at their JOB (years from now) indirectly calls them a n*gga before they realize the pain associated with that word. I have seen SO much racism since I moved to Phoenix. I am not one to call the race card, because I am used to being the minority in a setting; however, I can spot a racist as quick as I can detect a fake Louis Vuitton bag. I've worked w/some of the most heinous racists on the planet. Surprisingly, they have been primarily women. These are females who are threatened by my level of education and physical appearance. It's as if they've exchanged their Girl Scouts uniform for a KKK hood - - - a hood that they hate to leave in the car as they enter the workplace. They have given me such horrific looks - - -- looks that scream this racial slur, and I've learned to respond back with a look of, "That's what your daddy was screaming last night." Y'all read between the lines on that one.
I know, "GIRL, YOU ARE CRAZY!!!!!"
I thought that the NAACP buried that word. Then again, news come late to Phoenix. Heck, for years, the entire nation was celebrating MLK Day, except for AZ. EVERYONE in AZ should have fought for the celebration of that holiday, especially since we are the Interracial Couple Capital of the Free WORLD!!!
That leads me to topic #2 - - - interracial dating. I have no issues with it. I consider myself an Equal Opportunist. The last two men that showed potential interest in me happen to be Caucasian. One was nice, but just had STICK UP HIS BOOTY (and enjoyed the sensation that the stick caused). With my personality, I was just a tad "too much". Needless to say, I had to "move right along." The other one taught me a valuable lesson - Ladies, you have got to do a background search on the men that you meet. People lie SO dang much. This man had me believing that he simply started a new career, etc. . . Something just didn't "gel" with him. It was as if he were wearing a mask. No one walks away from such a great career at his age. One morning, I finally had some time to explore his website. I performed a Google search on him to see if there was more information that I could find out about his business. That's when I learned some things about him; granted, everyone makes professional mistakes; however, I cannot date a man that has domestic violence issues. PERIOD. My girl, RL, told me months ago about going to the Maricopa County Court Records website. I entered his name, and there were so many dockets on him that it was ridiculous. I couldn't believe that this was the same person.
I did say something to him about the information that I found just on the Yahoo search (not the court records). It was as if it was a polished speech. After that conversation, I can count on one hand the # of time that I spoke to him. I finally cut off communication. He always made an excuse as to why he couldn't socialize with me in a public setting. I still think that he is married, or is uncomfortable being seen with black women. Both are no-nos. I'll never find the answer to this, but something was OFF with that fool. Don't let me forget that he claims to be a devout Christian.
Where am I going with all of this? I saw this clown yesterday @ Barnes and Noble. I said, "You just left church. Do you not speak, or do you speak simply to agitate the hell out of him?" Satan won that battle. You want to talk about someone SHOCKED. The mask came on. He shook my hand like we were fellow bankers. I said, "Hi, X. Happy Father's Day." Then, he proceeds to tell me how he's reading this book about becoming wealthy. I wanted to say, "Uh, you are not about to become Mr. Kiyosaki #2 (Rich Dad, Poor Dad). Give it up. How do you think that the Lord is going to bless you after what I've read on your dockets?" As soon as our conversation ended, he walked around the corner, and the mask fell.
Men are living double lives, ladies. Be CAREFUL. These are the ones to be really cautious about - - - professional men who have great jobs, love Christ, and seem TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Usually, they are.
A male friend said, "This is what you get. This is what you sistas get for crossing over and dating these white men. You see how they oppressed our great, great grandmothers, and you all continuously try to date and marry them. What is wrong with you? It makes me sick to think that this man always came up with an excuse not to be seen in public with you. Leave these damn white men ALONE."
Race doesn't have anything to do with it; men can just be DOGS. I've dated white and black men, and in terms of poor mannerisms, I couldn't tell who was who. In short, men are men. White men end up in child support arrears just like black men; black men lie just like white men do.
It makes me sad. People get so caught up in EXOTICISM. They would be better off purchasing a huge poster of Halle Berry and lusting after her.
Shelley and Me @ RaThe highlight of my day is that I had lunch with my girl, Shelley. She gave me some valuable advice yesterday - - - don't push something that God isn't naturally allowing to happen. She made this reference in terms of my home-searching situation and in regards to the men that I've been dating. She's right.
Daily, I pray that God sends me the man that HE wants me to be with. Mom said that God is still molding him. Heck, I think that God hasn't even started the molding process; the man is still a blob of clay.
Word.
6 comments:
I love this post. Why? I dunno, maybe because it was so full of truth, maybe because I'm getting the idea we both love the color pink!
You and your friend are beautiful!
Uhem... I want to come and eat chili with you on a 200 degree day, but wait, can we get those cute little chicken nuggets they have at wendy's too and can you fit a defibrillator in your car?
I am beginning to not like that we live so far from one another. You know what that means? I got lots of love for ya.
Oh, and can we get one of those frosty things at wendy's?
You wouldn't believe I make 60$ steaks and 40$ lobster scrambled eggs for a living would you?
Now who wants to go to Wendy's? I'm driving!
Christina:
Thanks for your comments! The post came from the heart. Be glad thast you are in a healthy relationship; it's HARD out for pimps AND single women (Can you tell that I LUV the movie, "Hustle and Flow"?!!!!!).
RE: cooking expensive food, but lovin' FF, you just keep it real. If I could afford to eat at the Ritz Carlton EVERY DAY, I would; however, I do enjoy some KFC and Wendy's.
I wish that you lived closer. Now, hurry up and MOVE. LOL!
Say it Sista!
I know there are good quality men out there, but many of them have been snatched off the shelf like those Cabbage Patch Kids for Xmas 1983 (yes, with riots).
It doesn't get better as you get older either. The pickings get slimmer and they have more baggage. Sad... if I am supposed to have a life partner, then it will be. Otherwise, I need to keep on keeping on. I can't change my personality so some man will be with me (then he won't be with me - will he?).
Can I have Popeye's?
Shelley:
You are HILARIOUS. I don't know where the "good ones" are. It's sad; however, I REFUSE to settle.
Well, since I saw the fellow at B and N, I must say, "What the F***?" Nothing special in my eyes, white or black. As you wrote, nothing special about this man's personality -- didn't want to be seen with you -- I'm white, so perhaps I'm naive, but the man has LOTS of issues -- he doesn't want any sort of baggage re being seen -- who would given what you found on his record! Good riddance! Men are simply that -- Men -- well, many are Males, not Men. (Please do correct my punctuation!) They think with the ...okay -- you fill in the blank. The 'you know what' transcends race.
Tahnja: Yes, you may give Joel my blog address! Sade is the WOMAN. LOL!
RE: The B&N man, you are correct. Thanks for the kind words!
Post a Comment